Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Old 03-29-2024, 10:10 AM

Bora Ultra 35 Wheel Rebuild

I picked up a pair of Campagnolo Bora Ultra 35s from 2018 and a couple of the spoke nipples have seized. The availability of the replacement spokes for these wheels is super low and even Campagnolo North America doesn't have them available.

Trying to investigate what might be compatible for "aftermarket" spokes and nipples if I was to go down the complete rebuild path. I found some older tech documentation on spoke length. Very little on the nipple specs and thread. I am wondering if I get some Sapim CX-Ray cut to the proper length if I could use some more standard brass nipples. Does anyone know if the rim itself would take a different nipple?

Spoke Lengths are 276.5mm for rear left and front right/left + 275mm for rear right drive side. G3 lace on the rear.

Nipple information: kind of section / mm: squared 3.9mm . Not sure what the specs there refer to.

Any information here would be awesome.

Screenshot 2024-03-29 at 8.50.12 AM.jpg
Screenshot 2024-03-29 at 8.50.24 AM.png
Old 03-30-2024, 05:42 AM
Proud Grandpa

Pretty sure the nipple/rim combo is proprietary...Yes, just a CXRay/CXSprint type spoke tho.

Many 'modern' spoke kits on eBay for Bora Ultra 35s...you could get those, get the proper spoke length and use the spoke kit's nipples.

You'll need a good magnet and steel nipple insert to fish the nipple from the valve hole to the rim hole..No fun, BTW..