Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Old 11-09-2019, 11:51 PM

Going to message the seller. This is just wrong.
Old 11-09-2019, 11:58 PM

Was unable to message seller due to their high volume of messages they have received. What?!! Hopefully it's other folks telling him or her it's not a real Moots. Only 15 hrs left and it has a bid of $1500. Someone is getting screwed. Not cool.
Old 11-10-2019, 08:02 AM

Report the item as a fake.

BTW... some guys bought the stuff as the real thing, other sellers have no idea and just see decals and they go just for that.

There is a low end ciocc that the seller says is Carbon, you can see the ugly welds from 100 miles away. Maybe a barn find, the guy said "Look how light it is, it must be carbon!!!!!"... googled the brand and there you have it, the lowest quality bike ciocc ever made being sold as a high end carbon.
Old 11-10-2019, 08:34 AM

Had the opportunity to test ride a Moots Routt 45 yesterday on their cross country tour giving people an opportunity to ride one. Being what some of my friends describe as “Fun Size” which is code for short, I was excited they had a “fun size” frame small enough for me to try.

And....as I was riding around in the cold on the “fun sized Moots demo bike” which of course felt perfect for me...I was noodling in my head “why I should buy another bike”. It was definitely a beautiful ride and momentarily forgot about the cold wind nipping weather and enjoyed riding a fancy bike with fancy disc brakes and fancy electrical components. I considered (code for justifying) the fact the Routt 45 would give me an opportunity to ride on some of the trails and maybe no let’s re-state that to definitely safer to be on the trails then braving those country very low traveled roads outside of Chicago or up in Wisconsin....the roads when you don’t see cars ...yes in the name of safety I should protect myself with this purchase...plunk down the cash! ...And haven’t even gotten to the return on happiness thought process...I definitely had this worked out.

Then a funny moment occurred after the ride....thoughts of owning a beautiful Moots swirling around .... Cue up the song that song by Johnny Nash...”I Can See Clearly Now”....then my non cycling friend asked “how much does that bike cost?” the music stopped...Snapping me back from my blissful thoughts of ownership....Why would you ask this??? (The song wasn’t over yet) Is there a price for safety and happiness??? Maybe she shouldn’t be my friend anymore after all she doesn’t even ride?

The funniest moment was seeing the look on her face when Aaron the Moots rep came back with “$9000” for the one I test drove and if I wanted I could upgrade (hahahah!!!...did he just say “upgrade”) the tires for a “little bit more”. Little did she know the tires wouldn’t be the only upgrade I would consider. After all...a girl can dream...and make goals.

My friend, a partner in an accounting firm, and I chatted with Aaron (super great person) from Moots for a bit. She went into her work mode (someone forgot to tell her it was Saturday) asking accounting questions....diving into Moots production process....and then I hear her suggesting robotics as a way to cuts costs and increase production....WHAT??? (I started looking for ways to stop the blasphemy...where is duct tape when you need it???). Aaron was exceptionally patient, (and definitely considered he would be fun to ride with when I go to Colorado to order my Moots) and commented on the beauty of owning a Moots and is its production process...thank you Aaron!!

I wouldn’t consider this random conversation an indication on how Moots will handle increased production as they expand overseas.

Now back to thoughts of getting a Moots...or the Seven the shop had hanging on the wall and let’s not forgot the Parlee in the back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 11-10-2019, 09:01 AM

Irishgirl's test ride report is too funny, too true, and .. too close to home
Old 11-10-2019, 09:13 AM

I reported the above "Moots" as fraudulent. If the seller is indeed unaware they listed a fake Moots then I kind of feel like a jerk. But I'd hate for someone to think they are getting the real thing and find out they spent good money on a scam.
Old 11-10-2019, 09:15 AM

And to Irishgirl I say go for it!! Good excuse to go to Colorado and you already know you like the ride!!
Old 11-10-2019, 03:17 PM

Auction ended with one bid. Someone got a fake Moots for $1500. BS
Old 11-10-2019, 08:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew View Post
And to Irishgirl I say go for it!! Good excuse to go to Colorado and you already know you like the ride!!

Love visiting Colorado!! And try to ride when ever I get out there.

On one of my trips I tried snowboarding...made it one of those gotta try this....epic fail..ended up braking my wrist...I’ve since moved to downhill skiing which I’m not very good at. A good friend with a house in Vail suggested I try ski biking...it’s on the list.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk