Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 11-13-2019, 07:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlashUNC View Post
A hot dog is a sandwich.
sandwich must have a flatten side of meat. Slice a hotdog then it becomes a sandwich.

Last edited by joosttx; 11-13-2019 at 07:29 PM.
Old 11-13-2019, 07:16 PM

mittens or gloves...take a stand and be heard...
Old 11-13-2019, 07:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtechnica View Post
Ok so what the inclusive camp is saying is that if it has pedals it’s a bicycle and the person riding it is a cyclist, no matter what the rest of the bike is like or how much power the assist provides? The distinguishing factor here versus a motorcycle is the pedals?
My distinction is between the moped delivery ebikes that populate. NYC, and the less powerful assist ebikes, which I’ve come to call hybrid ebikes.

I just purchased an Orbea M30 and its a blast. It allows me to ride hills I use to have to avoid due to my A-fib, and ride more frequently (I live in Pittsburgh so there’s always a hill somewhere) therefore getting fitter.

I’m particularly excited about being able to once again ride in New Paltz (also very hilly but so beautiful) with my brother, which was an adventure that I felt was stolen from me when I received my Afib diagnosis several years ago.

I should add and (not to you, specifically but in general,) the carbon is for weight saving and drop bars are because they make most sense for the specific use case (i.e road riding) The motor is hidden so you can have two bottles, and furthermore aesthetics are everyone’s concern. We all want nice looking bikes.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 11-13-2019, 07:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burnette View Post
It's totally wrong, immature and small minded. You teach your children not to disparage people just because they are different, not to be a bullly, not to pick on people, not to be rude.

Pushing intolerance and being mean and devisive is sad, especially from the aged among us as we would hope that time experience would have shown them by now why it's wrong.

And again, when that intolerance, that immaturity, that excluding behavior is applied to you, for what you ride, because of how old you are and the way you look, from that perspective you will see those who choose do such for what they are.
Aren´t you exaggerating this a little bit? It´s not apartheid in South Africa... it´s just roadie neurotic elitism, that´s all.
Mods x rockers, punks x hippies, mountain bikers x roadies. It´s just cartoonish behaviour.
Old 11-13-2019, 07:35 PM
Administrator

i think we've taken this discussion to the end of the road.
Closed Thread