Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Old 11-08-2019, 08:30 AM

Last edited by veggieburger; 11-08-2019 at 08:34 AM.
Old 11-08-2019, 08:35 AM

Veggie...lol...how did you know? up to a point only...but yes, that is my wife's view all round..."hon, looks have never been important to me..."
Old 11-08-2019, 09:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cash05458 View Post
Veggie...lol...how did you know? up to a point only...but yes, that is my wife's view all round..."hon, looks have never been important to me..."
HAHAHAHAH...takes one to know one.
Old 11-08-2019, 11:12 AM

zip tie

Could probably zip tie the sensor to somewhere on the frame.
Old 11-08-2019, 12:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MandM View Post
Could probably zip tie the sensor to somewhere on the frame.
oh sure...tape works fine...but sure...
Old 11-09-2019, 12:42 AM

This got me thinking... Some easy upgrades:

I have the same LeMond Revmaster.

My changes include a Brooks B-17, and Look pedals... but now I think I'll get power meter pedals... and add a sensor to the flywheel for speed... may as well add a cadence sensor as well.

A rocker plate - 2 sheets of plywood, tennis balls, all cut to fit the foot print of the bike... then add roller blade wheels to the edge of the rocker plate to allow fore / aft motion - and make a frame around the rocker plate that allows some travel. Elastic front and aft to return rocker plate to center of the frame... This would allow the bike to rock left and right a little, and some fore / aft motion.

Is it crazy? It really wouldn't be that hard to do... I have seen roller builds like this.
Old 11-09-2019, 07:09 AM
ergottWheels

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dekonick View Post

My changes include a Brooks B-17, and Look pedals... but now I think I'll get power meter pedals... and add a sensor to the flywheel for speed... may as well add a cadence sensor as well.

A rocker plate - 2 sheets of plywood, tennis balls, all cut to fit the foot print of the bike... then add roller blade wheels to the edge of the rocker plate to allow fore / aft motion - and make a frame around the rocker plate that allows some travel. Elastic front and aft to return rocker plate to center of the frame... This would allow the bike to rock left and right a little, and some fore / aft motion.

Is it crazy? It really wouldn't be that hard to do... I have seen roller builds like this.
If you use any power meter you don't need a speed sensor. Also, the pedals might have a cadence sensor built into them.
Old 11-09-2019, 07:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ergott View Post
If you use any power meter you don't need a speed sensor. Also, the pedals might have a cadence sensor built into them.
Any recommendations? I have used Time ATAC's on all of my bikes since... Well, I can't even remember the last time I used anything else except a pair of Look keo's on this LeMond Revmaster. I do have a really nice pair of D2 shoes from back in the day that are drilled for Look that are only used for the trainer because I like ATAC's so much more. I know nothing about the power meter pedals that are available.
Old 11-09-2019, 07:27 PM
ergottWheels

Garmin pedals seem pretty sorted out these days

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
Old 11-10-2019, 08:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dekonick View Post

if you use facebook, there's a group dedicated to rocker plates.
Old 11-11-2019, 09:38 AM

don't think anyone I have seen on there have tried a revmaster on a rocker plate...be interesting I guess...the rev is SO heavy I would think you would have to have much thicker wood, much heavier bearings...if you are going to outfit a revmaster in such a way with power pedals and all of this, why not just get a smart trainer and toss your bike on it? seems a lot less of a headache...reinventing the wheel etc...via tennis balls set up, not sure if you could get any fore aft movement using those as well...

Last edited by cash05458; 11-11-2019 at 10:18 AM.