Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Old 11-10-2019, 02:31 PM

Me too! Thx for the tip R3awak3n - you should be getting a commish or something.

Mini - review. I like it, test ride yesterday morning on the first chilly day in NYC - was perfectly warm @38-41 with only a thin capilene l/s base layer underneath. Fits more like jersey than a jacket, pretty aero w/ no flapping or having to dig under a jacket to access pockets. In essence it's just a fairly thin merino jersey with some windbreaker material sewn to the front half, but happens to work really well.

Still waiting on the Galibier Mistral I mentioned above - which I guess is stuck at customs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BryanE View Post
Thanks for the heads up I ordered one.
Quote:
Originally Posted by R3awak3n View Post
not necessarily a jacket but this thing is awesome and on sale -

https://www.rapha.cc/us/en_US/shop/c...uct/WJY10XXBLK

Got me through last winter and I bought another to have 2. Its super warm, I can wear just this (with a merino base layer) till about 30 degrees. If there is any rain I pair it with a rain jacket, if under 30 I add something else as well.
Old 11-10-2019, 04:38 PM

I recently picked up a 7mesh strategy jacket for about 35 bucks from steep and cheap. This is the first gen 7mesh that looks to be on closeout all around. Excellent windproof shell with soft fleece in the inner upper body and shoulders. Lots of stretch and great rear pockets. Basic grey color. Wore it over a wool base in the 40s and felt great. Recommend.

7mesh Strategy Men's Jacket Ash Large https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01D7CS8RY..._chjYDb2RSW3SX

Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk

Last edited by Dired; 11-10-2019 at 04:40 PM.