Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Old 10-25-2019, 10:42 AM

Central Oregon LBS

Any Paceliners living in the Bend/Redmond area? I'll be moving over there in the coming months and was wondering?

Best Campagnolo Bike Shop? Which of them actually likes and has Campy in their shop? Any?

Thanks for your help!
Old 10-25-2019, 11:22 AM
formerly Landshark_98

My impression from someone who visits there and has a son there is that the shops are 90% mountain oriented. Hutch's Bicycle Shop, which also has a store in Eugene, has one shop on the eastside that if I recall correctly is road oriented whereas their shop on the westside is more mountain bike oriented. Most of the shops also cover the family oriented spectrum as well. I wouldn't count on any shop speaking fluent Campagnolo. AndySTI probably has a better handle on things though.
Old 10-25-2019, 11:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbo251 View Post

Best Campagnolo Bike Shop? Which of them actually likes and has Campy in their shop? Any?

Thanks for your help!
That's funny!! Now if you want 100mm, 120mm, 130mm, 140mm, 150mm, or 160mm of travel I could tell you what shop to go to. We have a ton of shops, I think 8+, but very little road presence. Hutchs, Sunnyside, Hub, and maybe Crows Feet will have the most road stuff. Project Bike is awesome but not much of a road shop. Honestly, all the shops are good. None have any Campy. Not like it's any harder to work on than anything else though.
Old 10-25-2019, 12:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbo251 View Post
Any Paceliners living in the Bend/Redmond area? I'll be moving over there in the coming months and was wondering?

Thanks for your help!
Congrats on the move - hoping to follow your lead in early 2020.....a year later than planned, but fingers are crossed.....
Old 10-25-2019, 12:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy sti View Post
That's funny!! Now if you want 100mm, 120mm, 130mm, 140mm, 150mm, or 160mm of travel I could tell you what shop to go to. We have a ton of shops, I think 8+, but very little road presence. Hutchs, Sunnyside, Hub, and maybe Crows Feet will have the most road stuff. Project Bike is awesome but not much of a road shop. Honestly, all the shops are good. None have any Campy. Not like it's any harder to work on than anything else though.
That's what I had thought. Guess I'm going to have to visit Lakeside when I'm in Portland or become a Campy mechanic myself.
Old 10-25-2019, 12:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clean39T View Post
Congrats on the move - hoping to follow your lead in early 2020.....a year later than planned, but fingers are crossed.....
It's been a long time coming. My House has to sell 1st but I'm sure it will in the next month or two. Congrats yourself and I hope you get over there soon.
I love the high desert, and after most of my adult life here in PDX, I can't take the 8 month long rainy season any longer.
Old 10-25-2019, 01:31 PM
formerly Landshark_98

Quote:
Your gonna need a house with an ADU ; ). And you be the Campy go to mechanic as a side hobby to fuel your bike aquisition hobby. I see a triple win here! (and I'm jealous - almost had the SO sold on relocating to Bend... until we drove back onto Bainbridge Island and the sun was shining and water sparkling and that was that.
Old 10-25-2019, 01:35 PM

When you make it to town if you'd like to get out for a ride or beer let me know. Or if you nordic ski, it's almost time for that - can't wait!
Old 10-25-2019, 01:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirk007 View Post
Your gonna need a house with an ADU ; ). And you be the Campy go to mechanic as a side hobby to fuel your bike aquisition hobby. I see a triple win here! (and I'm jealous - almost had the SO sold on relocating to Bend... until we drove back onto Bainbridge Island and the sun was shining and water sparkling and that was that.
Ha, perfect idea for Dan.
Old 10-25-2019, 01:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirk007 View Post
Given my SO is from Port Townsend, I'm doing everything I can to avoid visiting the Sound until after the Central Oregon decision has been made...there are few things that tug the strings more than a clear fall evening on the ferry...

Honestly though, if it was easier to get to Sea-Tac from Bainbridge (and not quite so expensive cost-of-living), I'd probably be giving that a go - rain and all.
Old 10-25-2019, 01:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy sti View Post
Ha, perfect idea for Dan.
Except that I no longer have any Campy on my bikes --- don't know how that happened --- but I do like the ADU idea, and stocking a fleet of size 60cm bikes for the various visitors (and one or two smaller ones of course too).
Old 10-25-2019, 05:34 PM

Project Bike in Bend is where I go with all my bikes, road and gravel. I had Campy when I moved to Central Oregon about 9 years ago but have switched (mostly) to SRAM and Shimano. Crow’s Feet did have a great Campy mechanic, but he left the shop a few years ago.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Old 10-25-2019, 06:17 PM
what's a little rust?

I used to ride Campagnolo, but I've switched to Shimano. Part of the reason for my switch is years of vacationing and riding in central Oregon, and the clear realization that there's nowhere to get a new Campagnolo cassette if I needed one, let alone anything else.
Old 10-25-2019, 07:04 PM

Talking

Quote:
Except that I no longer have any Campy on my bikes --- don't know how that happened --- but I do like the ADU idea, and stocking a fleet of size 60cm bikes for the various visitors (and one or two smaller ones of course too).
And a Look 585 in XXL?