Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Old 04-20-2018, 12:52 PM

Name For Courier Services?

As me and a few friends are braking out and opening our own messenger company im thinking of names. We are in Sweden but english names totally work here so was hoping you guys were up for dropping some names?

Please feel free to go wild or by all means be boring and appropriately corporate as well .)

Im thankful for all suggestions and or any inspiration.

Cheers

Last edited by tuscanyswe; 04-20-2018 at 01:01 PM.
Old 04-20-2018, 12:54 PM
Classics Fan

oooh, sounds fun.

This is a 100% bicycle messenger service? delivering packages? or food and stuff also?
Old 04-20-2018, 12:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattTuck View Post
oooh, sounds fun.

This is a 100% bicycle messenger service? delivering packages? or food and stuff also?
Hmm well i would like to stay off the food delivery train as i personally dont like to deliver food. But the business in general is moving more n more in that direction so it may be hard to avoid it all together. This will however be a "classic" courier service for the most part.
Old 04-20-2018, 01:16 PM
Classics Fan

Just a few off the top of my head... which I'd be surprised if others don't already have similar names.

VeloCity Couriers
5 Star Couriers (could be interesting for logo/brand)
Final Mile Couriers

Cloudberry Couriers (Sorry, had to throw that one in. My dad traveled to sweden years ago and really enjoyed Cloudberry liquer by that name. And everytime I think of Sweden, I think of how I can get some of that liquor for him, as we drink it each year on thanksgiving, and the current supply is down to 1 bottle, I think. I see now that it is actually from Finland, and this calls into question everything my dad has ever told me!)

Not sure of the birds in your area. That might be an interesting angle to look at. They are fast and agile, might convey the right message. Something fierce (like a raptor) might send the message if the businesses you send are rough around the edges. Also, song birds are pretty nonconfrontational and generally have good associations already. If it is a more tame clientele, that may be the way to go, or if you're serving the public.
Old 04-20-2018, 01:28 PM

Paceline
Old 04-20-2018, 01:29 PM

I put myself (partially) through undergrad as a bike messenger in DC and the name of the company was:

Direct Delivery Systems.
Old 04-20-2018, 01:32 PM

Thanks, thats a thoughtfull response cheers

Actually one of my colleagues wants T-Rex well its one of his suggestions anyways. I think the thinking here is they have really big legs and tiny arms or something similar .) Personally i think its to Testosterone-based. I would prefer to steer away from the macho messenger go fast brake for noone attitudes in the name and go for something funny or just neutral with a possitive load like you are on to with the bird theory.

One name that keeps coming up in our talks is Joyride.
I like it on the one hand, on the other hand i think it could perhaps carry a sexual ? undertone. But i think its kinda playful and i like that idea of that. I dont want to be another company with just an appropriate name for the business. We who will be working here are all pretty easy going but very serious about our jobs as everyone will have been deliverying packages for years allrdy from the get to.

Haha well you know we have all been through that "this brings into questions what my dad says". Its tough but we will still love them just the same .)

Thanks
Old 04-20-2018, 01:36 PM

Name

On the Rivet Delivery Service

Peloton Delivery Service

Performance Enhanced Delivery

Just a few ideas

Ray
Old 04-20-2018, 01:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuscanyswe View Post

One name that keeps coming up in our talks is Joyride.
Awful name.

"To joyride is to drive around in a stolen vehicle with no particular goal other than the pleasure or thrill of doing so."
Old 04-20-2018, 01:37 PM

Paceline is neat but swedes who are not cyclists wont know the meaning of that word even tho our english is pretty good or even great on average. Its just not a common word to know i believe.

Direct delivery systems to me sounds like a really big organisation with an idea on how to upgrade the internet or something like that .) I fear like these type of names can just sound like we are blowing smoke. Id like it to be more down to earth and just be really really good at what we do instead. (not saying you were not great )

Last edited by tuscanyswe; 04-20-2018 at 01:39 PM.
Old 04-20-2018, 01:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by macaroon View Post
Awful name.

"To joyride is to drive around in a stolen vehicle with no particular goal other than the pleasure or thrill of doing so."
Yeah i know that doesent sound good when used like that. I think that there is another meaning to this word here, but perhaps i / we are wrong about that..
Old 04-20-2018, 01:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuscanyswe View Post
Yeah i know that doesent sound good when used like that. I think that there is another meaning to this word here, but perhaps i / we are wrong about that..
Yeh, perhaps there is another meaning. It's good to share though, as is often the case when coming up with names/logos/brands/designs, you can get tunnel vision and not see things from a different perspective.

The first thing that popped into my head when I saw the word Joyride was crime/criminals/Grand Theft Auto etc. Not something you want associated with a delivery company, or any company!
Old 04-20-2018, 01:44 PM

Presumably this a cycling courier company?
Old 04-20-2018, 02:02 PM
I need you cool.

PedEx
Old 04-20-2018, 02:03 PM