Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Old 01-15-2020, 10:20 AM

Pedal Platform Adapter Recommendation

Hello All:
I am currently involved in a clinical study which involves a cycling rehab protocol. We are using Garmin Vector Pedal based power meters to help the patients improve symmetry in their left/right power balance.
We have been using a rather small pedal platform adapter to allow the patients to use their regular shoes. See the one we use here.
Some of the patients are having trouble keeping their feet on the pedals (these are NOT cyclists!).
So I want to find another platform adapter that is larger and that has a vertical lip on the front so I can mount a toe clip (the kind without a strap).
Can any of you recommend such a platform adapter? Can't find what I want on Amazon. Might have to make my own starting with large aluminum angle but would rather purchase something that's ready-made.
Thanks in advance,
Jim
Old 01-15-2020, 10:31 AM

I've never seen an adapter like you're describing (clipless to actual toeclip)

I would say use what you have, the 'pins' appear in the photo to be threaded. So, remove some of the front pins and use that as a mounting point for toe clips?
Old 01-15-2020, 10:43 AM

Thanks, that's a creative idea. Would have to screw on some sort of right angle bit to mount the toe clip.
Hopefully I can find an off the shelf option.
Cheers,
Jim

Quote:
Originally Posted by fbhidy View Post
I've never seen an adapter like you're describing (clipless to actual toeclip)

I would say use what you have, the 'pins' appear in the photo to be threaded. So, remove some of the front pins and use that as a mounting point for toe clips?
Old 01-15-2020, 10:45 AM

https://www.flypedals.com/
Old 01-15-2020, 11:01 AM

I recall seeing a clipless -> clip adapter for Look cleats made by Exustar. It was not a large platform - just large enough to mount a toe clip on the front and a Look clear underneath. Might be adaptable to Garmin cleat?

Will search to see if I can find and will add link.

Edit: not exactly what I described above, but if Keo cleat fits Vector pedal this may work. https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?m...2F362116631640

Last edited by sitzmark; 01-15-2020 at 11:11 AM.
Old 01-15-2020, 12:00 PM

Yes, these might work! Thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sitzmark View Post
I recall seeing a clipless -> clip adapter for Look cleats made by Exustar. It was not a large platform - just large enough to mount a toe clip on the front and a Look clear underneath. Might be adaptable to Garmin cleat?

Will search to see if I can find and will add link.

Edit: not exactly what I described above, but if Keo cleat fits Vector pedal this may work. https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?m...2F362116631640