Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > Image Gallery > Custom Bikes

Old 07-21-2016, 01:22 PM
Ex-Mr.President

If mtb

Picked this up off of ebay and it has turned out to be fantastic. I might be a bit biased about IF, but the fit is perfect. 29er rigid and 1 by10 using SRAM, which I don't have much experience with, but it works well so far.

Ran it as a SS most of the summer as it does have an EBB, but was also built to be geared. Soooo, have a sweet Niner SS, so decided to make this a 10 speed.

The graphics are a light grey and are a bit washed out with the white paint. Some day I will care more and put some color to it, but right now it just feels perfect.

Big meaty tires help smooth out the small stuff. I just love this thing!

Old 07-21-2016, 01:39 PM

Nice Mr. Pres! I know you've been a long time fan of IF so it's great to see you stay true to your roots. How fat of tires can you run on the frame and fork? I haven't ridden a hard tail since the 90's but I just ordered a Canfield Bros. EPO which is a 29er but have some 27.5+ wheels coming - Project 321's laced to Atomik Chubbie carbon rims. Plan to run some 2.8's on the bike. Should have smooth it out for sure.

Have fun on that thing!
Old 07-21-2016, 01:39 PM

Thats great, Pres is back on an IF! From the little i know you that fits you much better than your asian carbon monster .)
Personally i think those colors are perfect. Very subtle yet intriguing in its simplicity. Enjoy yet another IF!!
Old 07-21-2016, 01:51 PM
Ex-Mr.President

yes the horrible terrible communist "Looks" are hanging in the corner being used as parts bikes. They worked just fine, but I have a soft spot for IF and well, what can I say. Both the fake mtb and road bike looked really cool though. Not sure I would by another one, but I don't have those horrible stories of things breaking that EVERYONE else in the world seems to have. lol

Tires are decent. I had a 2.4 Maxxis Ardent in both front and rear, but the rear rubbed. Soooo, I have a 2.25 Racing Ralph in the rear (like these tires a lot) and a 2.35 nobby nic in the front. Now, that is a new to me tire and I have to say it is amazing on blue groove , sand, mud, etc. Just awesome stuff.

I think at some point I would like to put on a Niner carbon fork, but now this works perfectly!