Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Old 11-16-2019, 08:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChainNoise View Post
Have you tried using your power meter in Zwift and keeping the rollers as the smart device? Are the resistance changes smooth or jerky? I also have a Cycleops Magnus that I have used before with Zwift, but used my Quarq for the power meter. This works great, and keeps my numbers consistent, just want to make sure I can do the same with the rollers.
I use Favero dual sided pedals for my power meter on Zwift, and all works just fine. Resistance changes are smooth — no issues there. Power numbers are realistic. Definitely recommend using an actual power meter instead of the juiced power numbers you get if you use the Arion unit to supply power numbers.
Old 11-16-2019, 11:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave M View Post
I use Favero dual sided pedals for my power meter on Zwift, and all works just fine. Resistance changes are smooth — no issues there. Power numbers are realistic. Definitely recommend using an actual power meter instead of the juiced power numbers you get if you use the Arion unit to supply power numbers.
Well looks like I'll give them a whirl. I've only ridden rollers a few times, I'll bust out my old nashbar cheapos and see if I can do it for a while. If I can, I'll scoop a set up! Thank you for your replies! Most definitely will take your advice and use my existing meter for Zwift.