Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Old 11-17-2019, 09:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by velotel View Post
Just let me know when you're ready, we'll do it, two Eriksen stonerbikes on the GT! Perfect. If by chance you're ever on Facebook, there's a group there called gravel bike france. Lots and lots of very interesting rides, mostly just photos of them, seems to be more members of that group in the west and south, some in the massif centrale, lots of vineyard rides. Good stuff. Check it out if you can. Cheers
Great to hear from you. One of your enduring messages is that these rides offer up a new experience each time. One always sees something in a new way. They always share a new insight or perspective. Yes, its a sort of magic.

Thanks for the tip on Gravel Bike France. I've largely avoided FB up to now, not wishing to be exposed to that ecosystem if I can help it, but maybe this would be worth taking a look. After all, Turenne is in the south west. But at the same time, we've done a fair amount of riding with a friend who grew up in the area, and have learned some of the out of the way back roads in the region. This fall we made a left turn along a little stream, went flat for about a km and then crossed the brook where the road just went right up at about 16%, then another flatish run through a field, then up at 18%. I didn't think we had anything like that in the immediate vicinity! These rural areas of France are stunning riding.

We'll be back in the spring, but will likely stay in the Corezze/Dordogne then. But in the fall we'll make a longer trip, and that could include longer adventures. A visit to your neck of the woods ? It'll give me at least a target for training riding over next season! I'll indeed let you know.