Builder's Spotlight The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > Image Gallery > Custom Bikes

Old 10-26-2019, 04:32 PM

Classy.

So you're running the sub compact with the 11-36 cassette? Is that right? That seems like a great set-up. Interested to know how it's working for you.
Old 10-26-2019, 04:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by XXtwindad View Post
So you're running the sub compact with the 11-36 cassette? Is that right? That seems like a great set-up. Interested to know how it's working for you.
Works really well - tons of range and great shifting front and rear. No RoadLink or anything pushing the cage away from the cassette.
Old 10-27-2019, 08:22 AM

JTB, you don't need my Serotta; our bikes are doing the same awesome things. (I think I'm keeping mine btw and yours needs a gold accent). We could, however, arrange a purple-themed bike swap for a month or something.
Old 10-27-2019, 10:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zambenini View Post
JTB, you don't need my Serotta; our bikes are doing the same awesome things. (I think I'm keeping mine btw and yours needs a gold accent). We could, however, arrange a purple-themed bike swap for a month or something.
I don’t need anything, but I have two entire bike builds (drivetrain, cockpit, wheels) sitting around with no frame to use them on. Just always looking for something new!
Old 10-28-2019, 11:47 AM

what a bike....

I have loved following the evolution of this amazing, versatile bike. Subcompact cranks are an amazing addition. I'm still a fan of your purple hubs and tanwalls, but the murdered out wheels are hot.

I, too, have 48/32 on my Bilenky, and that drop from 'this is getting a little difficult' to 'holy sh*t what a cruise' as you switch rings is always a pleasant surprise. I almost never use the small ring, but when I do it makes me smile.
Old 10-29-2019, 05:04 PM

Beautiful bike here.

I'm curious, what was the clearance like with the mini motos and the Nano 40c? I've currently got a set of TRP 8.4s and wondering if the Paul brakes would provide more clearance between tire top and straddle cable.

Thank you!
Old 10-29-2019, 05:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scopes View Post
Beautiful bike here.

I'm curious, what was the clearance like with the mini motos and the Nano 40c? I've currently got a set of TRP 8.4s and wondering if the Paul brakes would provide more clearance between tire top and straddle cable.

Thank you!
When using either TRP CX8.4 or MiniMotos, I've always had tire clearance limited by frame/fork clearances rather than the brakes themselves. The cable runs above the tire with maybe 2mm extra clearance on the Pauls, though, so if they're that close it might help.
Old 10-29-2019, 05:41 PM

Thank you for the response!