Builder's Spotlight The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight


Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #16  
Old 02-24-2020, 10:52 PM
Louis Louis is online now
Boeuf Chaîne
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: St. Louis MO
Posts: 21,872
Quote:
Originally Posted by XXtwindad View Post
I still really like your work in Grizzly Man.
I prefer his work in Hogan's Heroes:

  #17  
Old 02-24-2020, 11:04 PM
XXtwindad XXtwindad is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Posts: 2,392
Quote:
Originally Posted by wernerherzogsid View Post
While one may request access to the Classifieds, I offer a counter. Why enter the hive of unmitigated violence that is the coarse exchange of currency for bicycle parts at all? All who enter its grinding wheels of raw capitalism emerge scarred by the experience.
Good point. Let's add Bob Crane to the list.
  #18  
Old 02-24-2020, 11:12 PM
Louis Louis is online now
Boeuf Chaîne
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: St. Louis MO
Posts: 21,872
Quote:
Originally Posted by wernerherzogsid View Post
While one may request access to the Classifieds, I offer a counter. Why enter the hive of unmitigated violence that is the coarse exchange of currency for bicycle parts at all? All who enter its grinding wheels of raw capitalism emerge scarred by the experience.
I hear this kid got most of his components on the Paceline Classifieds a few years back.

I wonder how he's doing these days?

  #19  
Old 02-24-2020, 11:16 PM
XXtwindad XXtwindad is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Posts: 2,392
Quote:
Originally Posted by Louis View Post
I hear this kid got most of his components on the Paceline Classifieds a few years back.

I wonder how he's doing these days?

Wait. What are we looking at here? "The course exchange of currency" or the "grinding wheels of raw capitalism?"
  #20  
Old 02-24-2020, 11:18 PM
XXtwindad XXtwindad is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Posts: 2,392
Steve -

How's the post count coming?
  #21  
Old 02-24-2020, 11:23 PM
Louis Louis is online now
Boeuf Chaîne
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: St. Louis MO
Posts: 21,872
Quote:
Originally Posted by XXtwindad View Post
Wait. What are we looking at here? "The course exchange of currency" or the "grinding wheels of raw capitalism?"
It's the "Scarred by the experience" of being forced by your hyper-competitive parents to race a $$,$$$ bike against kids who probably just yesterday took the training wheels off their hand-me-down Walmart bikes.

That picture's at least 10 years old. What are the odds that that kid's been in therapy for much of the last 5?
  #22  
Old 02-24-2020, 11:25 PM
Louis Louis is online now
Boeuf Chaîne
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: St. Louis MO
Posts: 21,872
Quote:
Originally Posted by XXtwindad View Post
Steve -

How's the post count coming?
We've giving him plenty of opportunity to join in the thread with some witty banter, but nothing yet.

It's no wonder that he's been a forum member for several years and hasn't posted until today.
  #23  
Old 02-24-2020, 11:30 PM
XXtwindad XXtwindad is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Posts: 2,392
Quote:
Originally Posted by Louis View Post
It's the "Scarred by the experience" of being forced by your hyper-competitive parents to race a $$,$$$ bike against kids who probably just yesterday took the training wheels off their hand-me-down Walmart bikes.

That picture's at least 10 years old. What are the odds that that kid's been in therapy for much of the last 5?
His parents are scarred by the experience of a tricked-out rim brake bike plummeting in value ...
  #24  
Old 02-24-2020, 11:35 PM
XXtwindad XXtwindad is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Posts: 2,392
Quote:
Originally Posted by wernerherzogsid View Post
While one may request access to the Classifieds, I offer a counter. Why enter the hive of unmitigated violence that is the coarse exchange of currency for bicycle parts at all? All who enter its grinding wheels of raw capitalism emerge scarred by the experience.
I did a Google search for the "hive of unmitigated violence." Came up empty. Could it be that Werner is referring to a bike shop that only sells disc brake road bikes?
  #25  
Old 02-24-2020, 11:43 PM
Louis Louis is online now
Boeuf Chaîne
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: St. Louis MO
Posts: 21,872
Quote:
Originally Posted by XXtwindad View Post
I did a Google search for the "hive of unmitigated violence." Came up empty. Could it be that Werner is referring to a bike shop that only sells disc brake road bikes?
To think that I fell in love with Katharine Ross in the "The Graduate," not knowing that she would have to stoop so low to be in this movie.

Maybe she did it because the movie's based on a novel by Werner's long-lost brother Arthur.

  #26  
Old 02-25-2020, 06:19 AM
AngryScientist's Avatar
AngryScientist AngryScientist is offline
Administrator
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: northeast NJ
Posts: 22,385
i still cant understand.

is

READ FIRST: WHY YOU CANT POST

in all caps as a sticky not good enough?

obviously it is not

the number of questions like this shocks me.
  #27  
Old 02-25-2020, 06:27 AM
oldpotatoe's Avatar
oldpotatoe oldpotatoe is offline
Proud Grandpa
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Republic of Boulder, USA
Posts: 38,062
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaybee View Post
Any posts that slander Campy or praise Sram don't count toward your 30, BTW.
Thought it was the other way around..gotta slander Campag and praise sram..otherwise they DON'T count..gotta love tubeless, 1by and disc brakes too.....

you forgot the ->, BTW..
__________________
Chisholm's Custom Wheels
Qui Si Parla Campagnolo
  #28  
Old 02-25-2020, 06:29 AM
Clancy Clancy is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Texas Hill Country
Posts: 1,235
Quote:
Originally Posted by wernerherzogsid View Post
While one may request access to the Classifieds, I offer a counter. Why enter the hive of unmitigated violence that is the coarse exchange of currency for bicycle parts at all? All who enter its grinding wheels of raw capitalism emerge scarred by the experience.

This guy’s trying to rack up enough posts to be able to reply to classifieds
  #29  
Old 02-25-2020, 07:20 AM
cabriggs cabriggs is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2019
Posts: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaybee View Post
Any posts that slander Campy or praise Sram don't count toward your 30, BTW.
So Shimano can be praised or slandered then? Sounds about right.
  #30  
Old 02-25-2020, 07:25 AM
cabriggs cabriggs is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2019
Posts: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldpotatoe View Post
Thought it was the other way around..gotta slander Campag and praise sram..otherwise they DON'T count..gotta love tubeless, 1by and disc brakes too.....
Sram, tubeless, 1x, disc brakes: these are all great things... on my mountain bikes.

-cb

p.s., my Synapse came with Sram Red and I have to admit it's pretty damn good. Please don't delete my account. Take pity on me - I've never had the chance to try Campy.
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:27 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.