Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Old 02-24-2020, 07:28 PM

etap derailleur battery quality check?

i started a ride today and a mile in i could not shift the rear derailleur. pretty sure that i had charged the battery fairly recently. i came home and put the battery in the charger and the indicator light on the charger went from orange to green in about an hour and a half.

i was wondering if there is a way to test the battery's capacity to keep its charge for a reasonable period of time.

or just trial and error?
Old 02-24-2020, 07:55 PM

An hour and a half seems a little long to charge that but I’m not sure that’s the best indication of battery life.
Old 02-25-2020, 12:57 PM

Could it be your der? I had one fail within a couple months of new and I know many others w/same story. Its a warranty item (2 yr I believe) and SRAM will replace it w/new one. Only 'hassle' is that you need to go through an AD.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddief View Post
i started a ride today and a mile in i could not shift the rear derailleur. pretty sure that i had charged the battery fairly recently. i came home and put the battery in the charger and the indicator light on the charger went from orange to green in about an hour and a half.

i was wondering if there is a way to test the battery's capacity to keep its charge for a reasonable period of time.

or just trial and error?
Old 02-25-2020, 02:33 PM

recharged old batteries today

both derailleurs are working. need to watch on-bike lights to see if they are holding the charge. ordered 2 new ones.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sfo1 View Post
Could it be your der? I had one fail within a couple months of new and I know many others w/same story. Its a warranty item (2 yr I believe) and SRAM will replace it w/new one. Only 'hassle' is that you need to go through an AD.