Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Old 03-11-2021, 11:15 AM

Attorney Referral Thread?

This idea had occurred to me in the past and with the recent posts regarding bicycling accidents, the need to share ideas has become more important.

Should we build a thread devoted to listing attorneys who have successfully handled bicycling related incidents for the bicyclist? Perhaps create such a list by city and/or state?

I for one would like to have an experienced attorney's contact information ready if I were involved in an accident caused by others. And, if i didn't survive an accident, I'd prefer that my wife is equipped with a reputable contact.

It is certainly easy to identify a personal injury lawyer, however I'd like to have multiple individuals who have had success in handling bicycling specific incidents.

Quoting the ads of a recognized plaintiff's attorney here in Cleveland, I want somebody who will, "Make them pay."

What are your thoughts and ideas?
Old 03-11-2021, 11:17 AM
NJ/NashV/PDX

Just look for one that is also a cyclist?
Old 03-11-2021, 11:22 AM

Lol, paceline where you can buy used tires, learn what the NYT thinks to seem intelligent and hire a personal injury lawyer. This made my day thank you.
Old 03-11-2021, 11:26 AM

Paceline: Come for the bar tape discussions, stay for the personal injury attorney referrals.
Old 03-11-2021, 12:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spinner View Post
This idea had occurred to me in the past and with the recent posts regarding bicycling accidents, the need to share ideas has become more important.

Should we build a thread devoted to listing attorneys who have successfully handled bicycling related incidents for the bicyclist? Perhaps create such a list by city and/or state?

I for one would like to have an experienced attorney's contact information ready if I were involved in an accident caused by others. And, if i didn't survive an accident, I'd prefer that my wife is equipped with a reputable contact.

It is certainly easy to identify a personal injury lawyer, however I'd like to have multiple individuals who have had success in handling bicycling specific incidents.

Quoting the ads of a recognized plaintiff's attorney here in Cleveland, I want somebody who will, "Make them pay."

I think that borders on a commercial use of the forum and would end up being nothing but advertising for attorneys. I don’t think it’s why we come to the forum. If a law firm wants to advertise on the forum, like any other business it should pay for a banner ad and help the moderators keep the lights on. If a member needs a referral, they can post and people can respond.
Old 03-11-2021, 12:40 PM
Total Fred

I've been represented by John Duggan for both of my accidents (2007 & 2019). He's pretty well regarded here in Seattle as someone who also gives back to the cycling community. I don't think there's any harm in people sharing their experiences.

Tai
Old 03-11-2021, 12:50 PM
50 bpm

In NE Florida, it's Chris Burns.
Old 03-11-2021, 12:51 PM

There’s a few who specialize in it. I know there’s one in Atlanta (can’t remember his name) and Colorado (Hottman). There’s also a few others who specialize but most injury lawyers can accommodate.
Old 03-11-2021, 01:12 PM
cnighbor2

Attorney for cyclists

The one I used out of LA, Gary Brustin 800-841-2453 now only takes bicycle accidents cases where the cyclist was admitted to the hospital.
Think about that, that means there are so many cases out there that he has to limit to those in the hospital.
Last time we talked has i wasn't in the hospital he recommended a book on how to deal with accidents and insurance companies.
It worked
Wow want an ordeal to go thru
Seems either side can state and ask anything they want. Non of that is binding till both parties agree to a settlement. I sat here and typed correct responses to all their letters Nothing verbal
Lots of effort and time but I did get a decent settlement
These attorneys normally want 1/3 of insurance settlements In my case that amount was $25,000.00

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spinner View Post

Last edited by cnighbor1; 03-12-2021 at 11:20 AM.
Old 03-11-2021, 01:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by joosttx View Post
Lol, paceline where you can buy used tires, learn what the NYT thinks to seem intelligent and hire a personal injury lawyer. This made my day thank you.
Irony 😉
Old 03-11-2021, 01:14 PM

Steve Vaccaro - NYC @ Vaccaro & White

Cyclist, Attorney and Advocate
Old 03-11-2021, 01:51 PM

I usually call Hamlin, Hamlin and McGill

Ask for Jimmy. Though...he may have gone out on his own and changed his name

Last edited by peanutgallery; 03-11-2021 at 01:53 PM.
Old 03-11-2021, 02:07 PM

Just turn on your tv from 10am to 3pm and you will have plenty of attny referrals.

I managed litigation for 40 years and have no interest in seeing attorney referrals on Pace Line Forum.

Best of luck!
Old 03-11-2021, 02:14 PM

i'm surprised by the pushback here...

if any of you has been involved in an accident on your bike, you know it's hell to try and manage the situation and do it right. finding an attorney that specializes in personal injury and has cycling-related experience, while not being garbage, is no easy task either.

this forum is ripe with references and referrals for unrelated things: car dealers, real estate agents, coffee grinder brands, tools, etc.
why not a specialty service that is actually in-line with the interests of the forum?

having needed an attorney twice now due to cycling injuries (and not been impressed either time), i absolutely want to know who people have had success with in my area or an area i have an interest in moving to.
Old 03-11-2021, 02:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by seanile View Post
i'm surprised by the pushback here...

if any of you has been involved in an accident on your bike, you know it's hell to try and manage the situation and do it right. finding an attorney that specializes in personal injury and has cycling-related experience, while not being garbage, is no easy task either.

this forum is ripe with references and referrals for unrelated things: car dealers, real estate agents, coffee grinder brands, tools, etc.
why not a specialty service that is actually in-line with the interests of the forum?

having needed an attorney twice now due to cycling injuries (and not been impressed either time), i absolutely want to know who people have had success with in my area or an area i have an interest in moving to.
That’s a very polite term for “trolling.” Some members here have made it an art form. Minus the “art.”