Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Old 03-11-2021, 11:12 PM

The Lawless firm is a mother-daughter team of top-notch sexual harassment and employment attorneys. You don't want to be on the other side, trust me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtakeda View Post
There are two firms in the city that are real that I love.

Lawless and lawless attorneys at law
&
Payne and Fears

Consolation prize to Low, Ball & Lynch
Old 03-12-2021, 12:42 AM

I’m currently in a lawsuit where I was cut off on a decent and went face first into the drivers windshield. Going on 2 years now. Hopefully one day it will get resolved. It’s been eye opening on the amount of insurance that people should carry. I hope nobody ever needs a lawyer but without one I would probably end up being few 100k in debt and without any feeling in my lower face and a permanetly disfigured chin and shoulder. Hopefully with one I at least get my bills paid. Timing sucks, between covid and that it’s been real.
Old 03-12-2021, 06:09 AM
Proud Grandpa

Boulder/Denver this guy, Jeff Gard..he's been my 'legal guy' for almost two decades..a cyclist too.

https://gardlawfirm.com/
Old 03-12-2021, 07:01 AM

National network - Bikelaw

See Bikelaw site:

https://www.bikelaw.com/

They have attorneys in many states. I used a local person in Cincinnait, Steve Magas and he is very good.

https://www.ohiobikelawyer.com/about/

Usually one will need local representation for injury cases.

Alan
Old 03-12-2021, 08:15 AM

I used Ed for both of my cases. The first time by accident (no pun). I hired the husband of a friend, who did nothing and handed me off to another guy, who did nothing and handed me off to Ed, who was just getting started. Very pleased both times with him & his group (he handled the first one, an associate handled the second, but I had several meetings with Ed during it and he was present for the deposition and prep) HOWEVER... he took my second case because I was an original client. Don't know if they'd take on a cycling case anymore, but I'd trust him with a reference to someone if not.

https://www.wsminjurylaw.com/our-team/edward-l-weiner/

All the lawyer jokes are tired. Everyone loves to bash lawyers, until you need one
Old 03-12-2021, 08:37 AM

thank you to everyone who took this thread in the direction it deserved to go. i appreciate seeing these resources.
Old 04-15-2021, 08:21 PM

Old 04-10-2024, 03:16 PM

A friend was recently hurt badly by a tow truck doing a right turn into her. She was rising an electric cargo bike (hardly damaged) and I think its size and width lessened the injuries she sustained. This is in Massachusetts so any recommendations welcomed as to good bike-aware attorneys. I've found Zisson and Jacobs, are there others?
Old 04-10-2024, 03:19 PM

Happy to provide referral for those in Toronto/GTA. PM me.
Old 04-10-2024, 03:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NHAero View Post
A friend was recently hurt badly by a tow truck doing a right turn into her. She was rising an electric cargo bike (hardly damaged) and I think its size and width lessened the injuries she sustained. This is in Massachusetts so any recommendations welcomed as to good bike-aware attorneys. I've found Zisson and Jacobs, are there others?
Andrew Fischer used to come into my bike shop all the time. Great guy. Still commutes everyday on his two wheels!
Old 04-10-2024, 04:15 PM
but not really

Andrew Brodie, working for Glassman, helped me when I was doored badly in Needham. It took a long time but I was happy with the financial outcome.
Old 04-10-2024, 04:31 PM
cnighbor2

The excellent Cyclist attorney I have used in the past

The excellent Cyclist attorney I have used in the past now requires the injured cyclist to be in the hospital before he will take your case.
Which gives and idea how many injured cyclists there are that need an attorney.
Old 04-10-2024, 11:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cnighbor1 View Post
The excellent Cyclist attorney I have used in the past now requires the injured cyclist to be in the hospital before he will take your case.
Actually, I'd read this as the Lawyer is ethical and expects fake injury claims from casual cyclists.
Old 04-10-2024, 11:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cnighbor1 View Post
Experienced/ing similar situation here in arizona.
Old 04-11-2024, 07:16 AM
Proud Grandpa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spinner View Post
This idea had occurred to me in the past and with the recent posts regarding bicycling accidents, the need to share ideas has become more important.

Should we build a thread devoted to listing attorneys who have successfully handled bicycling related incidents for the bicyclist? Perhaps create such a list by city and/or state?

I for one would like to have an experienced attorney's contact information ready if I were involved in an accident caused by others. And, if i didn't survive an accident, I'd prefer that my wife is equipped with a reputable contact.

It is certainly easy to identify a personal injury lawyer, however I'd like to have multiple individuals who have had success in handling bicycling specific incidents.

Quoting the ads of a recognized plaintiff's attorney here in Cleveland, I want somebody who will, "Make them pay."

What are your thoughts and ideas?
We got a guy around here who is all about his ads.....'strong arm' but he is mostly all about getting a settlement, making $ for himself.

Do some research but I'd take those ads on TV, 'make them pay' with a YUGE pound of salt.