Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-07-2017, 01:47 PM

Suggestions needed - bike storage solution

OK, I spent an hour at the local home improvement store today looking for the best way to store a dozen-ish bikes along a single wall. The solution I'm planning to use is a set of shelf brackets holding a length of electrical conduit. Something like the attached picture but heavier duty and easier to use with hooks.

Now here's the conundrum and where I need the help/suggestions of Team Paceline. I'll be using a set of metal rings to slide along the length of the conduit. The challenge I'm facing is finding a hook that would hold the bike rim and attach to the metal ring either directly or by means of a caribiner or other method. A plastic S hook/caribiner NiteIze as an example) is one potential solution.

Have any of you guys taken this approach to bike storage? If so, how did you address the hook part of the equation? Goals are ease of use (hanging the bike and pulling it down) and protecting the rim where the hook will make contact.

Any suggestions?

TIA!

Texbike
Attached Images
File Type: jpg rack.jpg (36.6 KB, 1482 views)

Last edited by texbike; 05-07-2017 at 02:18 PM. Reason: added picture for better visualization

Tags
bike storage