Go Back   The Paceline Forum > Image Gallery > Production Bikes

Old 05-08-2019, 10:38 PM

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbo251 View Post
... or go with gumwalls?
Gumwalls, IMO.

Old 05-09-2019, 07:45 AM

I don't think I could stomach selling a bike I just built up like you did but your results speak for themselves. I would call it a keeper as well.
Old 05-09-2019, 08:37 AM

Did you get a Zanc recently? If yes, how does it compare to your Peg?

For a smaller frame size, your handlebars seem to have a lot of drop - ever try a more compact bar? (Or maybe you're just really flexible...)

PS. Gumwalls do it for me.

Last edited by tv_vt; 05-09-2019 at 08:40 AM.
Old 05-14-2019, 10:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tv_vt View Post
Did you get a Zanc recently? If yes, how does it compare to your Peg?

For a smaller frame size, your handlebars seem to have a lot of drop - ever try a more compact bar? (Or maybe you're just really flexible...)

PS. Gumwalls do it for me.
Yes I did just get a Zanc. I really can't compare the two as it isn't a fair comparison. Different geo, wheels, almost everything. I love them both (as I do my other bikes) but they are like your kids; different but you love them the same.

I've never had someone look at my tiny bikes and tell me that I have a lot of drop. Never heard that before. It must be the pics cuz I'm certainly not flexible (C5, C6 and C7 cervical vertebrae fused and L3 lower back surgery) limit my drop. My bikes are all between 4 and 5cm of drop. I'm kinda anal about proper bar and hood setup and maybe that makes it look like more than it is?

Thanks tho for the kind words.

Only one vote for black tires and the rest gummies?
Old 05-15-2019, 01:07 PM

As someone who rides tiny bikes like you (I am in the 49cm range), that does look like a lot of drop. You are trying to fix that with a negative angled stem when really a reach and drop adjusted handlebar would probably help.

Have you had a pro fit done? Not judging your set up, it just helped me identify a few things in my fit that had been problematic.

#smallguywoes
Old 05-15-2019, 03:51 PM

Quote:

Only one vote for black tires and the rest gummies?
True, but the one vote for black tires is the correct one.

If it were a true white, I'd advocate for gumwall/tanwall. I love that look. But your Mesonperso is a little off-white, and I think the gumwall will clash. Beyond that, the true star here is the frame and the paintjob on the frame, so I'd minimize anything that would distract from that.

But -- seriously -- it's your call.
Old 05-15-2019, 04:17 PM

Quote:
I've no plans to change anything but the tires so my question for you paceliners is: leave the black? or go with gumwalls?

With that amazing frame and paint I say all black tires, let the frame be the start of the show !!!

Love this one !

Old 05-15-2019, 09:36 PM
aka RAEKWON

yes, black tires please. that looks just perfect.
Old 05-15-2019, 10:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellvetica View Post
You are trying to fix that with a negative angled stem when really a reach and drop adjusted handlebar would probably help.

Have you had a pro fit done? Not judging your set up, it just helped me identify a few things in my fit that had been problematic.

#smallguywoes
Yes I've had multiple pro fits. Fits by guys who were pro fitters, Retul fit, fits with computer power readings using different crank lengths, saddle positions setback, etc.

Sacha White did a fit for me when I got a custom Vanilla many years ago. Sacha really changed the way I thought about position on the bike. Of all the fittings I've had done I adapted Sacha's to work for me. That said, I think fittings are a starting point for the rider and not a static type of thing. A fitter can tell you "this is where I think you should be" but it's up to the rider to fine tune that to his or her comfort and performance level.

I love classic bend bars, mostly because I seem to feel really good about countersteering input on descents with this type of drop. I like the flat bottom on this type of bar. It's a personal thing I guess. Most my bikes are 4.5cm saddle to bar. Classic bend bars tend to bring the hoods down a bit more but I love the drops so I'm ok with it.

I'm using a -12 stem because Dario's headtube extension. The Peg is a stock size, My Zank for instance has a normal -6 but it was custom and has a smaller headtube.

Hope I answered your question?
Old 05-15-2019, 10:18 PM

I think you guys are right on the black tires.
Old 05-16-2019, 09:35 AM

This bike is just so PERFECT as it is. I absolutely love it!