Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Old 12-26-2019, 06:16 PM

OT: Xbox one download games question....

Ok... kids got one of those digital only xboxes one from a relative and so far so good but my wife is fan of sims.... she bought the sims4 at the xbox website as digital download. But she did not get any redeem code for the game at the email, which from the little I understand of all of this it could mean that she's gonna have to log in at the Xbox with her email to be able to install the game at the xbox one s????

Second question, if the answer is yes... the kids will be able to play it since its installed in the console or it will be under another profile or something? JUst trying to understand because we thought they were going to send a code or something so it could be redeemmed from the account already set up at the console.

Does it makes sense what im asking?

Looks like the best thing to do is just buy gift cards and then load their account with some cash so they download whatever they want?? Yes i know they have those subscriptions aswell which could be a better a cheaper option?

Thanks....
Old 12-26-2019, 07:42 PM

I checked via the Xbox One mobile app on my iPhone and searched for a game I had purchased via digital download. It had the option to download to Xbox One so it sounds like she will need to signin to the console long enough to download the game. Whether it works or not when signed in, it might. I haven’t played that game before so I don’t know how it works with respect to achievements, etc. if it can’t associate with an Xbox live account.
Old 12-26-2019, 08:40 PM

Hey thanks....

well she logged in with her account in the console... went to the store, searched for it and was available to d/l... the game is installed and we have to check if available to play from my kids account but apparently it is because we can see the other profile when going home.

Well she hasnt played that game like in 15+ years...hmm...2002 maybe? and this one is like 100 times bigger than the old ones, she is still looking at the tutorial, she will start playing the tutorial soon i guess.

What bother me is that the game is from Electronic arts, to be able to play it you have to create an EA account. And i thought nintendo was being a PITA.

I'm amazed...
Old 12-27-2019, 10:54 AM

I am continually amazed, especially considering it’s popularity, at how complicated and user unfriendly the Xbox is.

Sorry, OP, no help for you but thought I’d take this opportunity to complain. It is the season of Festivus, after all.
Old 12-27-2019, 11:51 AM

No joke... after like 6bg of data after installation pretty much was like 45 to 65 minutes of creating accounts here and there to be able to play, 2 hours later and she was still looking at the features/tutorial/explanation of what the stuff does. So yeah, have to agree, if not familiar with the way ms does stuff you get really frustrated.

Kids are happy tho, they can play both fortnite one in the xbox and the other one in the swtich.

This reminds me, my kid put a mouse and a keyboard to the xbox which doesnt surprise me at all it worked but right now after seeing my wife playing sims with the mouse and the keyboard I really cant get how you could be able to play some games just with the controller. Sims in the Switch with the joycons would be a frustrating blast to do for example. No wonder the Switch is popular with games you just have to swing the joycons only ;D

The other detail is that for games now a days if you dont have a super computer the games just sucks... my oldr kid laptop that is not super duper he cant run fortnite in it, the thing just lags like a champ, so at the end you are better just getting a console for some games.

Now in my case, my computer is nothing fancy (i5 3.5 unlocked) and i been just swapping video cards when they die, speed is ok and the new video cards helped a lot (i do not do gaming and for what i do im ok) but the other day i was looking for a faster video card and the prices are so high that i can't pay 300 bucks for a new video card, just insane how the price of those cards went up.

Last edited by ultraman6970; 12-27-2019 at 11:57 AM.
Old 12-27-2019, 01:59 PM

A little thread drift, but how many of you are PC gamers?
Old 12-27-2019, 04:33 PM

I used to play some stuff but back in the day multiplayer stuff was horrible due to internet connections and in my case in particular I get dizzy with 3d fighting games like fortnite or even doom, cant play them. So pretty much stopped playing pc stuff like 20 years ago.

Last stuff i played that i remember was like Diablo or even command and conquer.