Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Old 12-26-2019, 08:33 PM

Are you painting your Ti gravel bike frame or just the logos?

Save your dough and just email Alliance and get their vinyl decals logos which Are Rad and slap them on the frame.

I would forget putting your kids’ initials on your bike. They should know you love them without getting a bike tattoo.
Old 12-26-2019, 08:38 PM

Alliance Font

I don't think this is the look you are going for (though it is strong), but you can't argue with the font name!

Alliance Font
Alliance.jpg
Alliance_lower.JPG
Old 12-26-2019, 08:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by joosttx View Post

Save your dough and just email Alliance and get their vinyl decals logos which Are Rad and slap them on the frame.

I would forget putting your kids’ initials on your bike. They should know you love them without getting a bike tattoo.
Geez . . . all around negativity.
His dough, his choice.
"They should know you love them . . . " I'm sure they do. What's your point?
" . . . without getting a bike tattoo." Damn, I better hurry out and get the tattoos of my four children's names removed from my shoulder. Wait . . . no . . . they love seeing their names there.
Old 12-26-2019, 08:49 PM

This one is fairly ornate, but IMO still quite workable in all caps.
Aromabar
Aromabar.jpg
Aromabar_lower.JPG

Some similarities - maybe a bit stronger, a bit less ornate.
Dattermatter
Dattermatter.jpg
Dattermatter_lower.JPG

Last edited by ORMojo; 12-26-2019 at 08:54 PM.
Old 12-26-2019, 08:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ORMojo View Post
I don't think this is the look you are going for (though it is strong), but you can't argue with the font name!

Alliance Font
Attachment 1697990324
Attachment 1697990325
This is more what I was going for...
Old 12-26-2019, 08:55 PM

Quote:

Never been a big fan of painted Ti. I like it raw. And to (mis)quote Robert Evans "The Kids Stay on the Frame..."
Old 12-26-2019, 08:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by XXtwindad View Post
This is more what I was going for...
Well that would be crazy if the right font for your Alliance is named "Alliance"
Old 12-26-2019, 08:57 PM

Quote:
Geez . . . all around negativity.
His dough, his choice.
"They should know you love them . . . " I'm sure they do. What's your point?
" . . . without getting a bike tattoo." Damn, I better hurry out and get the tattoos of my four children's names removed from my shoulder. Wait . . . no . . . they love seeing their names there.
and my opinion. The OP ask for thoughts, right? Just keep it simple is my point, especially with Ti bikes.

My point about kids initials on this bike is keep it simple don’t do it bc it doesn’t matter.

Honestly, not sure how I criticized your choice for you to get tats. That’s cool. I don’t even have an opinion about it.
Old 12-26-2019, 08:59 PM

Quote:
Well that would be crazy if the right font for your Alliance is named "Alliance"
Haha! I just got that! funny!
Old 12-26-2019, 09:04 PM

Quote:
and my opinion. The OP ask for thoughts, right? Just keep it simple is my point, especially with Ti bikes.

My point about kids initials on this bike is keep it simple don’t do it bc it doesn’t matter.

Honestly, not sure how I criticized your choice for you to get tats. That’s cool. I don’t even have an opinion about it.
OK, ok. The OP asked for thoughts on fonts, not his finish choice, or his bike naming choice. And I didn't take it as criticism of my tattoos - I was trying for humor, and a real world example of how memorializing your kid's names can be much appreciated by the kids.

But to say that putting his kid's initials on his bike "doesn't matter" tells me that you just don't get it.

Last edited by ORMojo; 12-26-2019 at 09:11 PM.
Old 12-26-2019, 09:18 PM

Quote:
OK, ok. The OP asked for thoughts on fonts, not his finish choice, or his bike naming choice. And I didn't take it as criticism of my tattoos - I was trying for humor, and a real world example of how memorializing your kid's names can be much appreciated by the kids.
Cool. My apologies for missing the humor. My mistake.

The Alliance logo is really rad. My feeling is that’s the brand that’s probably what you should keep. Frankly, the Alliance logo is (I think) better at least just as good as anything presented. By choosing a font so close to the Alliance bicycle brand font it’s going to give the appearance of counterfeit ala canal street Gucci bags. Or those weird counterfeit Serrottas (sic) we find on eBay once in a while.
Old 12-26-2019, 09:32 PM

Quote:
The Alliance logo is really rad.
Agreed. Both versions. I happen to have the "Blocks" version on my Alliance, and the OP is going for something closer to the "Neo Script" version.

Quote:
By choosing a font so close to the Alliance bicycle brand font it’s going to give the appearance of counterfeit ala canal street Gucci bags. Or those weird counterfeit Serrottas (sic) we find on eBay once in a while.
A consideration worth thinking about. However, since Erik himself has already created two completely different sets of logos for his brand, and is obviously aware of the OP's plans to use a different font, I think it, to use your words, doesn't matter.
Old 12-26-2019, 10:15 PM

Since you helped narrow it down with your "This is more what I was going for . . . " comment on one font above, here are more options along those lines (IMO).

Oleo Regular
Oleo.jpg
Oleo_lower.jpg

Oleo Bold
OleoBold.jpg
OleoBold_lower.jpg

Emiral Regular
EmiralRegular.jpg
EmiralRegular_lower.JPG

Emiral Script
EmiralScript.jpg
EmiralScript_lower.JPG

Asiyah (lowercase version is not very ornate at all)
Asiyah.jpg

Angel Tears
AngelTears.jpg
AngelTears_lower.jpg

My kids just got home from the grandparents. I may offer up more options after they are in bed.

Oh, and I really like Doug's suggestion above to print out and wrap around a tube on a bike you have handy.
Old 12-26-2019, 11:03 PM

Quote:
Since you helped narrow it down with your "This is more what I was going for . . . " comment on one font above, here are more options along those lines (IMO).

Oleo Regular
Attachment 1697990332
Attachment 1697990333

Oleo Bold
Attachment 1697990334
Attachment 1697990335

Emiral Regular
Attachment 1697990336
Attachment 1697990337

Emiral Script
Attachment 1697990338
Attachment 1697990339

Asiyah (lowercase version is not very ornate at all)
Attachment 1697990340

Angel Tears
Attachment 1697990341
Attachment 1697990342

My kids just got home from the grandparents. I may offer up more options after they are in bed.

Oh, and I really like Doug's suggestion above to print out and wrap around a tube on a bike you have handy.
I dig the "Angel Tears" I'm going to take a look at that one. Thanks for all the help...you obviously have a "font fondness."
Old 12-27-2019, 12:01 AM

No problem. I'll stop offering up options for now. But let me know if you want to see more - even after narrowing it down, I still have about another 900 fonts that match the criteria I'm using to look through for ones that work in all caps.