Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Old 12-13-2017, 10:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by azrider View Post
Damn dude. As others have said.......people suck. Sorry to hear this. I've woken up multiple times to find my garage door OPEN and bikes still there so I have nothing to add to conversation.............other than kudos for commuting in Chicago everyday!!

When I lived at Clark and Diversey I commuted to the CME downtown during summer but once temps hit 30's in the morning I'd shut it down for the year. Are you close to downtown ?
I live in Berwyn. Commute to Erie and Michigan down to 10 degrees or snow. Best part about winter commuting is less vagrants and thugs milling about on the west side.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk
Old 12-13-2017, 10:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtakeda View Post
I have steel bars welded under my truck to prevent cat theft. It was really bad in the early 2000s here

As far as keeping your garage secure I’d recommend a stronger door (not cheap) and a camera.
Old 12-13-2017, 10:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by General69 View Post
I live in Berwyn. Commute to Erie and Michigan down to 10 degrees or snow. Best part about winter commuting is less vagrants and thugs milling about on the west side.

Respect.

Old 12-13-2017, 11:54 AM

A fellow cyclist and former Moto-Cross racer had thieves cut through the stucco/framed wall of his detached garage, send someone-presumably small-into the garage, and open the door. Gone were a CR 450 and a CR250 with all the best race gear. They were locked to each other and the wall.

I actually convinced him to become a cyclist at that point. He agreed as he loved the cardio, experience, and he thought it would be less expensive.

It is not less expensive and he married a woman in the military, so now he lives on base and worries less about is garage even though there is more value in there now.
Old 12-13-2017, 09:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by General69 View Post

Check your PMs. :-)
Old 12-14-2017, 08:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeregrineA1 View Post
A fellow cyclist and former Moto-Cross racer had thieves cut through the stucco/framed wall of his detached garage, send someone-presumably small-into the garage, and open the door. Gone were a CR 450 and a CR250 with all the best race gear. They were locked to each other and the wall.
Wow.