Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Old 07-03-2020, 07:53 PM

in the truckbed, unless your very 'large' family likes to sleep in the popup camper while you're driving down the road, i don't see the issue. their figures are very conservative in america especially due to litigious culture. if u exceed payload while stationary camping i wouldn't worry about it. people in europe do some crazy things with very small vehicles.

go for the tundra / honda/ or a diesel if going for the big kahuna 2k lb camper. i think you would get much better mileage as that engine is doing less work then the v6 to carry same weight

Last edited by cinema; 07-03-2020 at 08:02 PM.
Old 07-03-2020, 08:26 PM
il Curmudgeoni

Quote:
Originally Posted by cinema View Post
in the truckbed, unless your very 'large' family likes to sleep in the popup camper while you're driving down the road, i don't see the issue. their figures are very conservative in america especially due to litigious culture. if u exceed payload while stationary camping i wouldn't worry about it. people in europe do some crazy things with very small vehicles.
A vehicle's payload includes any added weight like people, gear, etc. regardless of where it's located. So if there's an 1000lb camper in the back and two 200lb occupants in the front that's 1400lb.
Old 07-03-2020, 09:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by choke View Post
A vehicle's payload includes any added weight like people, gear, etc. regardless of where it's located. So if there's an 1000lb camper in the back and two 200lb occupants in the front that's 1400lb.
And tongue weight has to be added to that as well.
Old 07-03-2020, 08:42 PM
n - 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by cinema View Post
their figures are very conservative in america especially due to litigious culture.
Caveat is, if you end up getting in an accident, being over GVWR could hold you liable.
Old 07-03-2020, 08:50 PM

very true. dont listen to me.
people also really like current gen gm v6 and ford v8. chevy using isuzu platform very popular across the globe. mazda set to release theirs on the same platform. lots of interesting competition now the market is primed for it as people move away from smaller vehicles

Last edited by cinema; 07-03-2020 at 08:52 PM.