Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Old 12-15-2017, 09:42 AM

A way to combat the road ragers

I do not condone this behavior, but i found it entertaining!
https://m.facebook.com/story.php?sto...15443365374068

apologies if the link to the video doesn't work, but if it does, its something.
Old 12-15-2017, 09:53 AM
Member?

Eh! Simpatico!
Old 12-15-2017, 09:59 AM

lol, totally staged

Maybe a better link

https://www.facebook.com/dashcamclip...type=2&theater
Old 12-15-2017, 10:11 AM

Wow, the things I miss out on from not being on Facebook.
Old 12-15-2017, 11:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarlC View Post
lol, totally staged

Maybe a better link

https://www.facebook.com/dashcamclip...type=2&theater
oh staged for sure, but totally fun
Old 12-15-2017, 11:21 AM

This week I witness and then got involved in a road rage incident. This is how I deescalated the incident:

I was at a light on our neighborhood street turning onto a main road to take my daughter to gymnastics. There is a turning lane on the main street so that people turning into the neighborhood dont need to slow down traffic.

I hear a honk and see a lady in a SUV stopped at the turning lane. She starts turning onto the neighborhood street. The SUV behind her floors it and goes around the turning lane and illegally turns onto the neighborhood street. She stops and he rearends her SUV, really just a little bump. He gets out and starts yelling at her. She starts yelling at him. He is a big guy, 6'3 or so and she is a petite woman. I pull my car to the side of the road get out and lock my kids inside. I scanned for weapons none. Then I reached for my phone to film the incident. THen decided that would cause more problems. I saw the guy had a University of Texas sticker on his SUV. So, after showing my presences and all that I asked him if he went to Texas and he did. I started asking him if he knew the small town by Austin where we have a ranch and he did. I basically became his friend. We talked a bit about how Georiga was going to beat OU and then I suggested that he just go and sit in his car til the cops came because it would not look good if the cops show up and he is yelling at this small woman or if the woman told the cops that she felt threaten. To my surprise he did. Cops came and I think he was hauled off and the woman was safe.

My point is I originally was going to confront this guy aggressively but I think that would of made matters worse. Instead,I treated him with respect (that he didnt deserve) and befriended him which ultimately allowed the woman to feel safe until the cops came. Diplomacy has its merits.
Old 12-15-2017, 12:38 PM

Wish I always had that presence of mind to control the natural response that adrenaline provokes. Nice resolution!
Old 12-16-2017, 06:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by joosttx View Post
This week I witness and then got involved in a road rage incident. This is how I deescalated the incident:

I was at a light on our neighborhood street turning onto a main road to take my daughter to gymnastics. There is a turning lane on the main street so that people turning into the neighborhood dont need to slow down traffic.

I hear a honk and see a lady in a SUV stopped at the turning lane. She starts turning onto the neighborhood street. The SUV behind her floors it and goes around the turning lane and illegally turns onto the neighborhood street. She stops and he rearends her SUV, really just a little bump. He gets out and starts yelling at her. She starts yelling at him. He is a big guy, 6'3 or so and she is a petite woman. I pull my car to the side of the road get out and lock my kids inside. I scanned for weapons none. Then I reached for my phone to film the incident. THen decided that would cause more problems. I saw the guy had a University of Texas sticker on his SUV. So, after showing my presences and all that I asked him if he went to Texas and he did. I started asking him if he knew the small town by Austin where we have a ranch and he did. I basically became his friend. We talked a bit about how Georiga was going to beat OU and then I suggested that he just go and sit in his car til the cops came because it would not look good if the cops show up and he is yelling at this small woman or if the woman told the cops that she felt threaten. To my surprise he did. Cops came and I think he was hauled off and the woman was safe.

My point is I originally was going to confront this guy aggressively but I think that would of made matters worse. Instead,I treated him with respect (that he didnt deserve) and befriended him which ultimately allowed the woman to feel safe until the cops came. Diplomacy has its merits.
Well done!
Old 12-16-2017, 08:14 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by joosttx View Post

A good example of deescalation...well done!

William
Old 12-16-2017, 08:27 AM
Everything is connected

Keep that up Houston and COPS will run out of episodes.