Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > Marketplace > Vendors

Old 05-15-2014, 08:27 PM
Vendor

Cima Coppi Cycle Wear

Cima Coppi truly began when I went to the Vancouver airport for a self-organized "sport-tour" shadowing the 2009 Giro d'Italia. I boarded with my bikebox checked, wearing flip-flops, shorts and a wool jersey I had sewn just a few days prior.

I started making wool caps, then 100% wool jerseys because of versatility, the wide range of temperatures in which wool can be comfortably used and odour resistance. If I was going to ride 3000km+ with only one jersey, it'd better be good.

When I returned to Vancouver, I set out to make a well fitting, minimalist collection of wool cycle wear that could be fully designed and customized by customers. I wanted it made of 100% wool because there isn't a better multi-use, multi-conditions material. I wanted to make it myself in our studio because I believe in the value of labour and I believe in learning skills. Since 2012 my partner Patricia has joined me and we work toward a model of the master artisan; design, make, test, improve. We also sometimes work as compulsive artists - we quite literally do everything from bookkeeping to photography, from sewing to web design. We do Cima Coppi because it's our expression of our love of cycling.

Together, we've cut and sewn thousands of custom wool pieces including each one of the Paceline Forum Jerseys, Jackets or Caps with the goal of continuously learning, exploring, evolving and improving our wool line with every piece made.

Thanks for the interest and thanks for the Paceline Forum.

Lawrence

Last edited by rain dogs; 05-15-2014 at 08:40 PM.
Old 05-16-2014, 01:09 AM

Great story, great shop!
Old 05-16-2014, 08:36 PM

Your passion for all things cycling is without peer. It shows in your work.