Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Old 01-02-2022, 12:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoosterCogset View Post
Ok, but that was the complaint raised. That it wouldn't be that hard to establish model year of aftermarket wheels in order to improve the detail provided in their listings. They may not require a receipt, but would they accept a copy of one if the seller to them was willing to provide?
Maybe TPC could link Strava records to verify the mileage? And measurements of individual spoke tensions? They're just wheels for crying' out loud -- they're not twin-engine airplanes.
Old 01-02-2022, 12:35 PM

The Pilot's Closet?
I wonder if they would still list the twin-engine's specs...

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomato coupe View Post
Maybe TPC could link Strava records to verify the mileage? And measurements of individual spoke tensions? They're just wheels for crying' out loud -- they're not twin-engine airplanes.
Old 01-02-2022, 12:42 PM

I love when people whine over prices. The market will settle matters out. Yeah a bike might be a little ‘overpriced’ to someone with no intention if buying but it could be what another person has been searching for. When one wants something enough they’ll pay good money for it.

TPC offers promo codes and other discounts fairly often.
Old 01-02-2022, 12:55 PM

Carvana

A family member passed away in the Fall. My sister and I sorted through the belongings in the house: Gave away, donated, etc. Nice 2012 Accord was not needed by either of us, but time constraint precluded a CL listing, appointments, emails. Used Carvana and I think we did a few thousand better than a quick CL sale would have yielded.There was damage to one fender that a private buyer would have wanted $1500-2k adjustment. CV put it on a trailer to Phoenix where they do repairs/reconditioning. We received just under the top of the KBB value.

They are selling cars for way over book, and in some areas like the Front Range they’ve bought up many if not all of certain models available, so they (by volume) set the market price.
Old 01-02-2022, 01:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zmalwo View Post
Another gem I found today:

https://www.theproscloset.com/produc...olnago-decor-l

I sold my Superissimo in better condition that that last year for $450. This is just disgusting at this point.
Bummer.. Looks like you left a couple $k on the table/ LOL!!
Old 01-02-2022, 01:46 PM

Quote:
Some wheelsets cost more than some framesets. If the wheelset adds value by only being say 1yr old instead of 5yrs, then it might actually benefit TPC and the resale prices. OTOH, TPC seems to think it's important to mention when there are new rim brake pads and bar tape.. that makes sense.
Old 01-02-2022, 02:02 PM

Quote:
Some wheelsets cost more than some framesets. If the wheelset adds value by only being say 1yr old instead of 5yrs, then it might actually benefit TPC and the resale prices. OTOH, TPC seems to think it's important to mention when there are new rim brake pads and bar tape.. that makes sense.
Given their success, maybe they already know what leads to higher selling prices and what doesn't?
Old 01-02-2022, 02:03 PM

Quote:
What papers would those be?
Have you ever bought a wheelset before? Comes with a receipt and often a booklet about the model

Edit: I'm staring at an Enve CK combo, 2 pairs of Bora WTO's, a Shamal carbon, DA C24, HED Belgium G/CK combo, and yep, the receipts, warranty cards, and model paperwork is all about 4 feet from me organized nicely. It was all provided by the manufacturers with instructions to keep it.

Last edited by rollinslow; 01-02-2022 at 02:12 PM.
Old 01-02-2022, 02:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rollinslow View Post
Have you ever bought a wheelset before? Comes with a receipt and often a booklet about the model
I've purchased many wheel sets over the years. I do not have receipts (or booklets) for the vast majority of them. I have never asked for receipts when buying used wheel sets. I have never been asked for receipts when selling wheel sets.
Old 01-03-2022, 06:55 AM
Proud Grandpa

Quote:
Originally Posted by zmalwo View Post
Another gem I found today:

https://www.theproscloset.com/produc...olnago-decor-l

I sold my Superissimo in better condition that that last year for $450. This is just disgusting at this point.
OOOppsie..Any Superissimo complete bike is 'worth' more than $450..
Quote:
Given their success, maybe they already know what leads to higher selling prices and what doesn't?

Reality, what a concept.

Last edited by oldpotatoe; 01-03-2022 at 06:58 AM.
Old 01-03-2022, 06:16 PM

Quote:
I've purchased many wheel sets over the years. I do not have receipts (or booklets) for the vast majority of them. I have never asked for receipts when buying used wheel sets. I have never been asked for receipts when selling wheel sets.
Ditto. Rotating through four sets of wheels and none have 'papers'. Some bought new, some used. Never asked for them, never been asked.
Old 01-03-2022, 06:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmy-moots View Post
Ditto. Rotating through four sets of wheels and none have 'papers'. Some bought new, some used. Never asked for them, never been asked.
The conversation drifted a lot. The premise was only about whether it would make sense and benefit TPC or a buyer to know whether the aftermarket wheelset on one of their bikes is 1, 5, 10 or whatever years old, versus "we don't know or aren't going to mention".
Old 01-03-2022, 07:37 PM

Quote:
The conversation drifted a lot.
I see you're new here
Old 01-04-2022, 09:37 AM
bykhed

I've submitted my nearly mint steel Seven Axiom with 10-speed Centaur/Daytona twice, and have been rejected twice (October 2021 and today). I browsed the inventory and it is totally in line with their offerings. What, if anything, is scaring them off?

Old 01-04-2022, 09:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by YoKev View Post
I've submitted my nearly mint steel Seven Axiom with 10-speed Centaur/Daytona twice, and have been rejected twice (October 2021 and today). I browsed the inventory and it is totally in line with their offerings. What, if anything, is scaring them off?

Possibly that its steel and older than they prefer. Nice looking bike however.