Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Old 06-18-2018, 10:07 AM
Old, Fat & Slow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellgate View Post
What to do in Boulder...Visit Ft. Collins?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk
Ft Fun is a whole lot less pretentious. ...and has better beer!

I prefer O'Dell's over New Belgium.

M
Old 06-18-2018, 10:39 AM

Talking Is Boulder really part of Colorado?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gummee View Post
Ft Fun is a whole lot less pretentious. ...and has better beer
And Ft Collins even has ethnic diversity.

Boulder is an interesting place to explore by bike or foot. Ride the bike paths, hike or ride up Flagstaff, check out the trails between Chautauqua and El Dorado canyon, etc. If you want an adventure and a fun dining experience check out the Gold Hill Inn. The food is excellent and it's a great change of pace from the upscale outdoor mall that Pearl Street has turned into.
Old 06-18-2018, 04:53 PM
coffee consumer

traveled out to Denver a few years ago and really enjoyed our time along the front range....spent a little time in Boulder, but seems like Boulder is sort of central to everything that you can spread out a bit. New Belgium may not be your favorite beer, but its certainly one of the best tours around. I rented a mtn bike and rode 3 Sisters and couple of others...careful around RMNP during a weekend...found traffic there to take away from experience. When we were there, the forest fires limited us to certain parts of the park, which may have been a factor too. There's also the Stanley Hotel which is sort of interesting and the restaurant there was decent enough. The scenic drive thru red rock is great as well as the scenic drive to the south. Those are just a few of the memorable experiences we had there and really would like to go back some day and spend more time.

too many great restaurants....almost unfair to suggest any!

Coming from an area much closer to sea level, I'd say be mindful of your elevations and activity levels. Also, drink lots of water...if we weren't taking in a liter every 2-3 hours, we'd find ourselves getting quite grouchy.
Old 06-18-2018, 11:00 PM

Ft Collins Visit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellgate View Post
What to do in Boulder...Visit Ft. Collins?
Great timing Paceliners

Heading to Ft Collins this week to check out CU & CSU with my son. Looking forward to checking out some of the suggested places to eat in Boulder.

Any suggestions for eating in Ft Collins? Best breakfast spot serving pancakes is ...?
Old 06-18-2018, 11:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by campy man View Post
Great timing Paceliners

Heading to Ft Collins this week to check out CU & CSU with my son. Looking forward to checking out some of the suggested places to eat in Boulder.

Any suggestions for eating in Ft Collins? Best breakfast spot serving pancakes is ...?
Lucilles - but I'm not sure if they actually have pancakes. However, they do have French toast and beignets and biscuits - Creole style breakfast place.
Old 06-18-2018, 11:41 PM

Creole Style

Quote:
Originally Posted by cloudguy View Post
Lucilles - but I'm not sure if they actually have pancakes. However, they do have French toast and beignets and biscuits - Creole style breakfast place.
Beignets ... anything close to Cafe du Monde will be a winner
Old 06-18-2018, 11:43 PM

Cafe Mexicana used to be really good breakfast burritos, but I was disappointed last time I was there by the service and the product. Would try again though, in case it was just a bad day.
Old 06-19-2018, 07:23 AM

The boulder Farmer's Market is a good outing, and has good street food available. The tamale stand is great. The Tea Room is next to the creek, within the bounds of the FM. Frasca, and their bistro next door, Black Cat/Bramble and Hare are a few more restaurants to check out. The Boulderado is always solid. The Dairy Arts Center often has indie and foreign films running. Yeah, a Red Rocks show would be memorable.. Enjoy your stay.
Old 06-19-2018, 07:28 AM
Proud Grandpa

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbarry View Post
The boulder Farmer's Market is a good outing, and has good street food available. The tamale stand is great. The Tea Room is next to the creek, within the bounds of the FM. Frasca, and their bistro next door, Black Cat/Bramble and Hare are a few more restaurants to check out. The Boulderado is always solid. The Dairy Arts Center often has indie and foreign films running. Yeah, a Red Rocks show would be memorable.. Enjoy your stay.
Yup..tour Celestial Seasonings too..beware the peppermint room..
Old 06-19-2018, 03:32 PM

A visit to Boulder is a good time to either pick up a new set of wheels from Peter, or chat with him about a new build.
Old 06-19-2018, 05:29 PM

Perfect timing on the thread. Arrived in Niwot this morning to visit some friends and ride a couple of days before my wife flies out Friday and we head into the mountains. Staying in Ft Collins the end of next week so interested in that too!

In Boulder check out Cured on Pearl Street, just a few doors down from the primary pilgrimage site where OldP used to hold court. Run by Will Frischkorn 2008 TdF breakaway instigator and his wife Coral. Euro-style charcuterie. You have to stop at University Cycles to see Andy Hampsten's Giro bike as well.
Old 06-20-2018, 11:37 AM
Old, Fat & Slow

Quote:
Originally Posted by teleguy57 View Post
Perfect timing on the thread. Arrived in Niwot this morning to visit some friends and ride a couple of days before my wife flies out Friday and we head into the mountains. Staying in Ft Collins the end of next week so interested in that too!

In Boulder check out Cured on Pearl Street, just a few doors down from the primary pilgrimage site where OldP used to hold court. Run by Will Frischkorn 2008 TdF breakaway instigator and his wife Coral. Euro-style charcuterie. You have to stop at University Cycles to see Andy Hampsten's Giro bike as well.
I heard rumors that CO and WY were planning a bike trail from Ft Fun to Cheyenne. THAT would be a good thing.

Speaking of Cheyenne... Outside town is Curt Gowdy and Vedauwoo are fun places to ride mtn bikes. You can ride all the way to Lincoln's head!

M
Old 06-20-2018, 12:11 PM

+1
Peter built me a set of carbon mtb wheels. The way the bike handled definitively changed for the better once I put those wheels on.
I am itching to have him build me more wheels. Alas, I need no more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbarry View Post
A visit to Boulder is a good time to either pick up a new set of wheels from Peter, or chat with him about a new build.
Old 06-20-2018, 01:37 PM
Proud Grandpa

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmrt View Post
+1
Peter built me a set of carbon mtb wheels. The way the bike handled definitively changed for the better once I put those wheels on.
Huzzah!! thanks for the kind words...
Old 06-20-2018, 01:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmrt View Post
+1
+1 literally the exact same story for me.