Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Old 12-06-2007, 01:25 PM
Alles klar Herr Kommissar

Rapha (Lightweight) Softshell Jacket

Anyone have a sense of the temperature range of the classic versus the lightweight softshell?

If it packs small it could be great for Norcal winter rides where it can be in the 30s in the morning and then pack away when it hits 50-60 degrees.

I end up riding with a jersey and base layer (and knee warmers) on the climbs and would love to just have one piece to store

Thanks!
Old 12-06-2007, 01:30 PM
Adam/SerottaFan

I think dbrk is a fan of this jacket. Do a search and you might find your answer.

Last edited by 93legendti; 12-06-2007 at 02:57 PM.
Old 12-06-2007, 02:00 PM
Alles klar Herr Kommissar

Quote:
Originally Posted by 93legendti
I think dbrk is a fan of this jacket. Do a search and you mgiht find your answer.
I know we likes it, bit it's colder in the Finger Lakes than where I am, hence my question as to whether the lightweight version would be better for me ...
Old 12-06-2007, 02:30 PM
swoop

i've got one.. if it will just get out of the freaking 70's i'll rock it. its well made... and long.
Old 12-06-2007, 02:45 PM
drunk again

my experience with jackets has been to wear them when it gets 45 or colder. and of course decending the occasional col. I find a vest is less restrictive and allows for better breathability. imho
Old 12-06-2007, 04:27 PM

Quote:
If it packs small it could be great for Norcal winter rides where it can be in the 30s in the morning and then pack away when it hits 50-60 degrees.
I don't have experience with the Classic but this is the perfect use for the softshell. It does pack away quite well. I wear mine typically as an outerlayer from 20'-45'F.
Old 12-06-2007, 04:31 PM
aka Terry Keele

Quote:
Originally Posted by justinf
I don't have experience with the Classic but this is the perfect use for the softshell. It does pack away quite well. I wear mine typically as an outerlayer from 20'-45'F.
Damm, now I gotta effin get one. I mean, I gotta tell my wife what the guys are saying and she'll get me one for sure.
Old 12-06-2007, 04:56 PM
Helianthus annuus

I have both, use both the lightweight and the "regular" softshell and prefer the latter not because it is a bit, just a bit warmer but because it has the pocket features. The lightweight is a bit less expensive but for the upgrade of pocket features, etc., the regular is worth it. Not that much difference in temperature. The fit is exactly the same and, as far as I am concerned, no piece of cycle clothing ever made fits better than this jacket; in fact, nothing even comes close.

dbrk