Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight


Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #31  
Old 11-12-2012, 10:36 PM
Aaron O's Avatar
Aaron O Aaron O is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Philadelphia
Posts: 4,478
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Rings6Stars View Post
Second chance offers or going to run the auction again?
I'm going to try "2nd chance, but IME they rarely work.
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old 11-13-2012, 08:32 AM
Charles M's Avatar
Charles M Charles M is offline
PezTech
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: AZ
Posts: 3,239
A common scam is for a bidder to open a couple of accounts and have one low bid and then come in with a very high bid. They back out last minute and all of their bidds vanish and they get it for their low bid.

Not the case here where a bidder backs out after the sale goes through. I would email the other 2 and see if they want it.
__________________
charles@pezcyclingnews.com
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old 11-13-2012, 08:34 AM
Aaron O's Avatar
Aaron O Aaron O is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Philadelphia
Posts: 4,478
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles M View Post
A common scam is for a bidder to open a couple of accounts and have one low bid and then come in with a very high bid. They back out last minute and all of their bidds vanish and they get it for their low bid.

Not the case here where a bidder backs out after the sale goes through. I would email the other 2 and see if they want it.
I'm trying that now, but I've found it rarely works. Not sure what the psychology is, but once the auction is over, the other bidders move on.
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old 11-13-2012, 08:36 AM
ultraman6970 ultraman6970 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 22,679
How in the world you can back out a bid? how is done? never seen a way to do that in a matter of fact the couple of times i had regrets sent like 5 bucks to the seller to wasting his time...
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old 11-13-2012, 08:54 AM
Aaron O's Avatar
Aaron O Aaron O is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Philadelphia
Posts: 4,478
Quote:
Originally Posted by ultraman6970 View Post
How in the world you can back out a bid? how is done? never seen a way to do that in a matter of fact the couple of times i had regrets sent like 5 bucks to the seller to wasting his time...
Which is what he should have done, but didn't offer to do. It's just not worth getting too upset about...life is annoying at times and hell is other people.
Reply With Quote
  #36  
Old 11-13-2012, 09:05 AM
tuscanyswe tuscanyswe is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 7,900
A used iphone 4 go for around 3000 sek here in good condition. Thats abit more than 400 usd. I wouldent pay that for electronics that you cant inspect and will ship overseas but the dollar amount dont seem so strange if it was sold here.

edit: oh 700+ that just seems weird!!

Last edited by tuscanyswe; 11-13-2012 at 09:07 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #37  
Old 11-13-2012, 01:25 PM
Don49's Avatar
Don49 Don49 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 926
Quote:
Originally Posted by ultraman6970 View Post
How in the world you can back out a bid? how is done? never seen a way to do that ...
It's called Bid Retraction: http://offer.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?RetractBidShow
Reply With Quote
  #38  
Old 11-13-2012, 02:11 PM
tuxbailey tuxbailey is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Howard County, MD
Posts: 2,833
Why don't you sell it via local Craigslist?

I sold my wife's 2010 unlocked iPhone 4 for $280 with zero fuss. So it was a $10 upgrade to the iPhone 5.

I met the buyer at a Starbucks. He brought cash and it couldn't have been easier. I suspect he will just turn around and sell it to other country.

Your phone will be clean once do a factory restore (which you need to do to unlock from your carrier anyway.)

If you want less work nor risk then you can take it to your local Gamestop. But they will pay about $130 for it.
__________________
Guru Praemio R
BH Lynx 4.829
Jamis Ventura
Reply With Quote
  #39  
Old 11-13-2012, 02:16 PM
Aaron O's Avatar
Aaron O Aaron O is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Philadelphia
Posts: 4,478
Quote:
Originally Posted by tuxbailey View Post
Why don't you sell it via local Craigslist?

I sold my wife's 2010 unlocked iPhone 4 for $280 with zero fuss. So it was a $10 upgrade to the iPhone 5.

I met the buyer at a Starbucks. He brought cash and it couldn't have been easier. I suspect he will just turn around and sell it to other country.

Your phone will be clean once do a factory restore (which you need to do to unlock from your carrier anyway.)

If you want less work nor risk then you can take it to your local Gamestop. But they will pay about $130 for it.
It seems like its real value is around $500ish...and I think I'll go for the green.
Reply With Quote
  #40  
Old 11-13-2012, 02:34 PM
echelon_john echelon_john is online now
extremely tall
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: southern vermont
Posts: 3,993
I'm currently unlocking 2 16GB iPhone 4 phones (not 4S) to sell since my wife and I both upgraded to the 5 this week. In all the completed items searching I've done, it appears the average is about $250; you see some go for $300, you see some go for $200. So I think that, offering worldwide shipping, you'll see the higher end of that range, maybe just over.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:13 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.