Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Old 09-12-2024, 09:36 AM

Lordgun.com anybody order from them?

legit? I need a pair of conti 5000's 700x32 and their online price even with shipping to the US is just a bit over $103 for a pair..thanks
Old 09-12-2024, 09:41 AM
n - 1

https://forums.thepaceline.net/showt...hlight=Lordgun
Old 09-12-2024, 10:05 AM

I have ordered from them in the past also for Conti tires.
I just ordered some more Gambacicli for about the same price.
My impression is they have faster shipping than Lordgun, but not sure about that.

Edit: I was wrong on the shipping, Lordgun only took 4 days to California.

Last edited by deluz; 09-12-2024 at 10:08 AM.
Old 09-12-2024, 10:27 AM

thanks, just placed an order.
Old 09-12-2024, 10:31 AM

Awesome prices on tires and tubes. Stupid fast shipping with super reasonable shipping charges. They don't ship Spesh items to US.
Old 09-12-2024, 10:33 AM

got my Carbon-Ti EVO chainrings from them...

no issues and quicker then I thought. A++
Old 09-12-2024, 12:09 PM

Ordered from them 4 weeks ago. Super quick ship to California.
Old 09-12-2024, 12:27 PM

I've placed orders over $10k from them before and never had a problem. The groupsets were very well packed and delivery was very fast even though they are in Italy.
Old 09-12-2024, 01:04 PM

Yep, Merlin hasn't had the tires I need lately so I've been using Lordgun. I'm getting stuff in like 4 days with no problems.
Old 09-13-2024, 11:04 AM

order right after making this post yesterday and already on the way. seems I can get stuff faster from Italy than if ordering from BTD which is 500 miles away.
Old 09-13-2024, 11:47 AM
n - 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by jadmt View Post
order right after making this post yesterday and already on the way. seems I can get stuff faster from Italy than if ordering from BTD which is 500 miles away.
Over the summer, I ordered some parts from Blue Lug (Japan) and a bike shop 3 states over. One guess which one got to me faster. 🤪
Old 09-13-2024, 12:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by p nut View Post
Over the summer, I ordered some parts from Blue Lug (Japan) and a bike shop 3 states over. One guess which one got to me faster. 🤪
In May I ordered a pair of tires from BTD a day before I ordered a jeep skid plate from Israel and the package from Israel arrived a day earlier than the tires. It makes no sense that USPS can take so long to get from Portland to Missoula which is 500 miles. It has happened time and time again. 5-6 days seems the normal time for my shipments from BTD, it is not their fault but the carrier they use is terrible..
Old 09-16-2024, 03:15 PM

tires showed up today, crazy fast. hard to believe it can be to my door 2 or 3 days faster than ordering from BTD which is 500 miles away..
Old 09-16-2024, 07:57 PM
Pack fill

I ordered 4 tires on Thursday, they arrived today, Monday. Very impressive
Old 09-17-2024, 05:53 PM

Ordered from Lordgun twice in the past month. First was a poor experience, second was great. Just placed a third. See below for the details.

Was turned onto the site searching for the best price on a Campy compatible Mavic freehub. First order ended up included Deda Superleggero bars and stem as well as Continental tires, Tubolito tubes, and the aforementioned freehub. Shipping took awhile and when I opened the box, six of the twelve items ordered were missing. The missing items were the tubes, and to my chagrin, the freehub. Good news was the expensive items were accounted for, but I was still out $150 and the parts needed to move forward. The box looked to have been re-taped on the bottom. I emailed Lordgun and they provided photos of the employee packing my individual order, with the missing parts clearly seen. FedEx has not yet gotten back on my claim.

Gave them a second chance, this time with tires and bottle cages. Left off any small package items from the order. Critically, I chose shipping via UPS, instead of FedEx. Can’t remember if UPS shipping was even an option for the first order. In fact, the UPS shipping was slightly cheaper. Received the order four days later with the box in good shape.

The service I received the second time gave me the faith to send another few bills their way - this time with the freehub. Hope it works out; I’ll follow up after the next order arrives. Won’t be using FedEx again any time soon if I can help it.