Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Old 03-03-2021, 11:17 AM

Another conundrum right now is getting packages scanned that have print-at-home labels. Do I risk C-19 exposure by standing in line for 20 min to hand packages to the clerk and get a receipt, or drop them in the parcel window and hope for the best?

Currently have a packaged I dropped on 2/16 living that unscanned life, so I have no idea where it is or if it will start moving. The clerk yesterday said other packages received that day in Bend and scanned are reportedly sitting in Portland. Meanwhile packages I dropped at the same time in the same bin have been scanned and already delivered.

Muppets.

I really hope something is done at the national level to save the Postal Service. It provides a critical function in our society, along with living-wage jobs. We can do better.
Old 03-03-2021, 11:53 AM
aka RAEKWON

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clean39T View Post
Another conundrum right now is getting packages scanned that have print-at-home labels. Do I risk C-19 exposure by standing in line for 20 min to hand packages to the clerk and get a receipt, or drop them in the parcel window and hope for the best?

Currently have a packaged I dropped on 2/16 living that unscanned life, so I have no idea where it is or if it will start moving. The clerk yesterday said other packages received that day in Bend and scanned are reportedly sitting in Portland. Meanwhile packages I dropped at the same time in the same bin have been scanned and already delivered.

Muppets.

I really hope something is done at the national level to save the Postal Service. It provides a critical function in our society, along with living-wage jobs. We can do better.
in times like this I go in and get a receipt (unless its something cheap), however my PO there is never a line and its in and out in less than 5 min.
Old 03-03-2021, 12:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clean39T View Post

Muppets.

This is exactly what happened to my poster in Denver. Seller didn't want to wait and dropped a bundle of things.....all scanned and shipped EXCEPT my tube. My guess is it either fell between something, got put under something, or just plain got lost until someone came across it.

there's zero incentive for the average USPS worker to do an over-and-above job to go find my package (despite multiple lost package requests), so it doesn't surprise me in the least.

and "muppets" is the best description of USPS I've heard all day.....
Old 03-03-2021, 12:34 PM

Most of the stuff that I have sent is getting there OK--both First and Priority.

But there is always one--a Priority that I dropped at the local PO Feb 11, scanned in and through NJ Feb 12--and then crickets until this week where it turned up in the wrong part of VA as "MISSENT" on Mar 1--and is finally out for delivery today.

To be fair though--it's the first Priority that I have sent ever that was not delivered at (or close) to the 2 or 3 day promised delivery time.

I also found out something new--Priority is NOT guaranteed--so despite paying a premium, you cannot get refunded--only for Priority Express, which kind of sucks...

(The one problem I had with First was weird--someone else's label had detached and partially obscured mine, so it came back. Peeled off the debris and it was there is a day or so.)

Last edited by paredown; 03-03-2021 at 12:37 PM.