Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > Image Gallery > Custom Bikes

Old 07-28-2020, 04:28 PM

This is rapidy becoming one of my favorite spots near the new place...

Not much change on the bike in the last few months. Swapped to Veloflex Corsa "28
s" (they're really 27s which is perfect for the Enve fork), and a Red cassette (Still 11/25) with fresh chain.

I have been contemplating new wheels, as these are getting annoying play and pinging in the hubs

Old 07-28-2020, 05:14 PM

Looks a whole lot like Byram Lake Rd. I'm in the area too, I'll keep an eye out for that beautiful bike when I'm on the road
Old 07-29-2020, 10:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdp211 View Post
Looks a whole lot like Byram Lake Rd. I'm in the area too, I'll keep an eye out for that beautiful bike when I'm on the road
It is Byram Lake Road, loving the little loop from my place up Riversville and around the lake in Armonk. I'm usually around that area 6-8am during the week
Old 07-29-2020, 12:12 PM

Great bike. I actually saw this on Instagram a day or two ago when looking at K Bedford's tagged photos. How was the process with Kelly? Reasonable wait time?
Old 07-29-2020, 01:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkbrwn View Post
Great bike. I actually saw this on Instagram a day or two ago when looking at K Bedford's tagged photos. How was the process with Kelly? Reasonable wait time?
If you're interested in a Bedford, especially a steel (brazed or lugged), I'd say go for it! Kelly build's an incredible bike and is somewhat unappreciated lately with all the flashier modern upstarts, or contemporaries like Dave Kirk and Ellis Cycles who are better at the promotional side of the business.

Wait time was reasonable about 14 weeks if I remember correctly (started order process in February, finalized it all in March, had the frame in early June), but I also placed the order with Cyclesport in Park Ridge and worked through them. They were one of Kelly's first dealers, and Mike the owner has known Kelly for decades through Serotta and ordered the first 5-6 Bedfords when Kelly went back on his own. The shop has done quite a few bikes for customers out of area, and I'd go through them rather than going direct to Kelly as it was a great experience.

This was my 3rd custom in an 18th month span, and we based them all off the fit from my No22 Reactor. I asked for a bike I could race and put some hard miles on, and that's what I got. It's a fantastic all around workhorse for those longer, hard days without beating you up when you want to go easy, which is exactly what I wanted to pair with the No22 which is an absolute supercar.

Shoot me a message, and I'd be happy to chat more or set you up with the shop to discuss an order.
Old 11-26-2021, 12:57 PM

Been a while since I've updated this one, and pretty much only rode the Bedford in 2021...
Spent some time in Florida earlier this year with the in-laws, got some miles on the back of the car going down and back up.

Then last week put on some fresh tan-wall Vittorias and "upgraded" to 11spd Etap to make it easier for travel, and went from an 11-25 to an 11-28 for these Greenwich hills with my current (lack of) fitness post accident..

Last edited by ltwtsculler91; 11-26-2021 at 02:12 PM.
Old 11-26-2021, 06:35 PM

Really a nice bike Congrats
Old 12-20-2021, 10:10 PM

Very nice. Clean