Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Old 04-06-2022, 11:32 AM

Travel: Tour de France Femme 2022

So my wife and I have planned to be in London on July 24 for a concert, and I've let her know I'd like to see either the men's tour (before) or the women's tour (after.) The men's tour is pretty far south leading up to the finale on the 24th (when we'll be in London), so I'm leaning towards watching a few stages of the women's tour.

I've got my eye on stage 4 (gravel sectors should provide some interesting views) and/or the finale, stage 8, up La Planche des Belles Filles. We haven't booked our flights yet, so we're flexible on the arrival/departure dates. The only firm date is July 24 in London. I'm thinking of renting a bike to ride stage 4 the day prior (Tuesday 7/26), then spectating on the day of (Wednesday 7/27). Doing tourist stuff in Paris then returning. Or doing the tourist stuff first, then riding up La Planche des Belles Filles (#notaclimber) on Saturday 7/30, spectating 7/31, then returning home.

Is anyone looking at going? Anyone rent a bike to ride a stage of the tour?
Old 06-16-2022, 08:58 AM

The plan is taking shape

Just going to bump this to add some details to La Tour de France Femme portion of our trip in case anyone else will be there:

We're going to be in France on Thursday July 28, but not in time to watch any of the stage live that day (train from London to Paris, rental car to drive east towards Lure)

Staying outside Lure for 3 nights (28-30, departure on 31)
  • July 29 - try to catch part of stage 6 (Saint-die-des-Vosges - Rosheim), I'm having a rental bike delivered to our hotel and hope to get a ride in.
  • July 30 - My plan is to ride all or at least part of the route for the final stage up La 'Super' Planche des Belles Filles and scope out spectating opportunities along the way prior to the climb for the final stage
  • July 31 - spectate the final stage (Lure - La Super Planche des Belles Filles) prior to the final climb and drive back to Paris that evening.
Old 06-27-2022, 11:25 AM

Stage 8 route on Ride with GPS

https://ridewithgps.com/routes/39981045

Tags
#rentalbike, #tourdefrance2022, #tourdefrancefemme