Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Old 08-14-2018, 07:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by goonster View Post
This is the year that everything will click.
*CLEARS THROAT* So you are saying, that "this year will be your year," then?

Lots of sweeping conclusions drawn after one round of games. It's a long season. And longer if you played in the world cup.
Old 08-15-2018, 08:40 AM

i vividly remember the blazing start ManU had last season and how it fizzled by December.
but Liverpool is super strong this season for sure. should be an entertaining season.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seamus View Post

Lots of sweeping conclusions drawn after one round of games. It's a long season. And longer if you played in the world cup.
NeilPryde Bura
Old 08-15-2018, 08:53 AM
Cranky!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seamus View Post

(Straightens back, thrusts out chin defiantly) Yes, that's what I'm saying.

That's not a conclusion after one game, it's a reckless expression of hope and optimism based on
- Momentum from last year
- New signings
- Playing philosophy maturing in a settled squad
- Having seen them in person in pre-season
Old 08-15-2018, 09:30 AM
BillC's Evil Twin Brother

Injuries & roster depth will play a significant factor in who ends up where in the Premiership up and down the table.

Too early to commit to anything except for an entertaining season.

As a Watford fan, hoping for the best & preparing for the worst. Not sure Gracia is the answer, but the roster looks solid enough. If they can avoid the typical Christmas fixture meltdown, the Hornets should be OK.
Old 08-15-2018, 03:23 PM

Oh F***ing A; that penalty against Atletico is really harsh...
Old 08-15-2018, 04:07 PM

On the bright side, we get to see Saul pull of a helluva volley
Old 08-18-2018, 02:31 PM

@wc1934, you watching the game btwn Lazio and Parthenope?

Seems like Jorginho and Sarri are both doing well in the Premier League
Old 08-19-2018, 10:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by echappist View Post
@wc1934, you watching the game btwn Lazio and Parthenope?

Seems like Jorginho and Sarri are both doing well in the Premier League
Yes - good start for both. I miss Sarri - I really like Jorginho and glad he was added to the the national team - finally (better late than never). I am definitely rooting for Chelsea.

Napoli looked suspect at the start (especially the defense - 3 defenders allow Immobile to get off a shot - let alone score. Then the first goal by Millik was disallowed and I was nervous.

Bein stopped broadcasting Serie A games - but, ESPN+ has them 5 bucks a month so I was able to watch the games.

Juve just barely eeked out a win - Partner of Chievo's keeper (Sorrentino) who was injured by Ronaldo posted this: “I can admire real men, like my other half who was lying there unconscious and Tomovic trying everything possible to help him..
Thank you to those who have heart, humanity, dignity and principles! Shame on those who insult, criticise, celebrate or even worse observe and then leave!”
Old 08-19-2018, 10:39 AM
needs adult supervision

Why do I keep letting the Gunners ruin my weekend? I almost bought a Liverpool hat yesterday online, but couldn’t click buy. Few things dig as deep into you as your favorite club. Damn!
Old 08-19-2018, 11:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wc1934 View Post
Yes - good start for both. I miss Sarri - I really like Jorginho and glad he was added to the the national team - finally (better late than never). I am definitely rooting for Chelsea.

Napoli looked suspect at the start (especially the defense - 3 defenders allow Immobile to get off a shot - let alone score. Then the first goal by Millik was disallowed and I was nervous.
well, i didn't want to bring that up but since you did, that was atrocious, especially with three high caliber players getting bamboozled like that. I know that Immobile refers to real estate (as in assets that don't move), but he was highly agile and mobile during that play
Quote:
Bein stopped broadcasting Serie A games - but, ESPN+ has them 5 bucks a month so I was able to watch the games.

Juve just barely eeked out a win - Partner of Chievo's keeper (Sorrentino) who was injured by Ronaldo posted this: “I can admire real men, like my other half who was lying there unconscious and Tomovic trying everything possible to help him..
Thank you to those who have heart, humanity, dignity and principles! Shame on those who insult, criticise, celebrate or even worse observe and then leave!”
as much as i don't like ESPN, that may be a good option. Is this stand-alone or does one need to have base coverage first?

I can't stand BeIn for the most part. A lot of boring La Liga and Ligue 1 matches, with one token Serie A match per week. What the hell is that? Add the fact that the annoying blowhard Hudson may be calling the match, almost anything would be better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Climb01742 View Post
Why do I keep letting the Gunners ruin my weekend? I almost bought a Liverpool hat yesterday online, but couldn’t click buy. Few things dig as deep into you as your favorite club. Damn!
condolences

but look on the bright side, they were in the match for the last 70 minutes whole match

so wasteful in front of goal though. 3 sitters that didn't even get on target. People who've been watching BVB all know that PEA is mercurial like that, and that his high goal tallies are solely the result of getting ridiculous amount of service and converting a below-average percent of those chances, rather than being clinical.
Old 08-19-2018, 01:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JACKS View Post
As an United fan, gonna be an ultra long season watching City and Liverpool battle for the title. Jose's gotta go for a fresher mind like Low the German national coach.
wow -
After today many are saying that Jose's got to go - period.
If things keep going downhill, do you think he will last the season?
Old 08-19-2018, 08:55 PM

he gets canned the way he got canned in 2015 when he was at Chelsea

that was a shambolic performance...
Old 08-19-2018, 09:00 PM
BillC's Evil Twin Brother

Lindelöf & Bailly are not the answer at CB.

Smalling & Evans would have been infinitely better than that performance.

Also, I don't see the attraction of Fred. He provided nothing.
Old 08-20-2018, 07:36 PM

Liverpool sure won ugly today. Something about the front three not fully clicking. But that back line was stout, though the game could arguably have been 1-2, as Townsend was unlucky to have hit the woodwork.
Old 08-21-2018, 10:38 AM

@wc1934, not to make you miss him too much, but did you know that both Sarri and his dad were cyclists as well, and that his dad was a pro cyclist? I didn't until I saw this video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v-CnlRJRaF0

I really don't like Chelsea (with their hooligan fans) and its owner (who built his wealth via figurative looting of assets), but having Sarri there makes them a little bit more likable