Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 06-07-2022, 09:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldpotatoe View Post
That must be new. I haven't flown anywhere for about 3 years but last time..it was ticket and picture ID at TSA checkpoint before taking off yer shoes, belt, etc...

If that's the norm now, KA is gone...and undoubtedly she had help(parents)..they do so at great risk to their freedom tho...but not sure I wouldn't do the same thing, in spite of the ****e-show KA has 'allegedly' created.
LOL I am sure I would not do the same thing.
Old 06-07-2022, 09:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rallizes View Post
LOL I am sure I would not do the same thing.
How can you be so sure? The parent/child bond can be incredibly strong. It can make for some very irrational decisions.
Old 06-07-2022, 09:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by XXtwindad View Post
How can you be so sure? The parent/child bond can be incredibly strong. It can make for some very irrational decisions.
Heh you are correct I suppose

I do have a strong desire to stay out of jail tho

Anyway, she has plenty of money and should be fine, at least for awhile with or without further assistance
Old 06-07-2022, 09:43 AM

Quote:
Heh you are correct I suppose

I do have a strong desire to stay out of jail tho

Anyway, she has plenty of money and should be fine, at least for awhile with or without further assistance
As a parent, I'm guessing my first instinct would be to keep my daughter out of jail, and then worry about the personal consequences later. I'm not defending that stance, just saying I can understand it.
Old 06-07-2022, 09:50 AM

Quote:
I’d be more shocked by parents that didn’t try to help their kid avoid a lifetime in prison.
Old 06-07-2022, 09:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pritchet74 View Post
They do that when you first enter the TSA checkpoint for a flight. When you get to your destination, you can use your phone to buy a plane ticket with any carrier and use any fake name that you want. You would just wait in the terminal until it's time for that flight - you don't have to show ID since the terminal is all behind the TSA checkpoint. You could do that a few times to get to your final destination.

She could cut her hair real short in an airport bathroom, put a hat on, get a new shirt - boom - she's invisible.

Trust me that part works - I saw plenty of movies in the '80's about people on the run!
She flew into LGA and then showed up at EWR. No way to get into the secure area at EWR from LGA. Would have to exist LGA, get to EWR, and then go through security again to board a flight at EWR.
Old 06-07-2022, 09:57 AM

Quote:
As a parent, I'm guessing my first instinct would be to keep my daughter out of jail, and then worry about the personal consequences later. I'm not defending that stance, just saying I can understand it.
Eh, I am not a parent but I dunno, 'you murdered someone? let me help you' is not something I can relate to

Then again, 'parent/child bond can be incredibly strong'
Old 06-07-2022, 10:00 AM

If my child were to be accused of murder, I might help by hiring a good attorney, but I would certainly encourage them to turn themselves in.
Old 06-07-2022, 10:00 AM

Quote:
Eh, I am not a parent but I dunno, 'you murdered someone? let me help you' is not something I can relate to'
Parents are remarkably good at denial.
Old 06-07-2022, 10:03 AM

It’s odd they say she was “dropped off” at Newark airport but they never say she cleared security. She either cleared security with a fake ID (which they’ll eventually figure out b/c I’m sure they’re reviewing every second of footage from that day), or she showed up to the airport and left again, which seems like an odd thing to do.

My guess is she spent those 4 days in NYC getting a fake ID and is gone. But to fly internationally she’d still have to have a fake passport, which has to be significantly more difficult.

If she didn’t flee on her own passport originally, she’s prob hiding somewhere in the states.
Old 06-07-2022, 10:08 AM

Quote:
Eh, I am not a parent but I dunno, 'you murdered someone? let me help you' is not something I can relate to

Then again, 'parent/child bond can be incredibly strong'
That was going to be my first question previously, but I didn’t want to be rude or presumptuous.

Hard to encapsulate how parenthood alters your perception of the world. But it’s profound. Throughout this entire sad and sordid ordeal, my first thoughts were “oh god…the parents.”
Old 06-07-2022, 10:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomato coupe View Post
Parents are remarkably good at denial.
Absolutely.
Old 06-07-2022, 10:19 AM

Quote:
That was going to be my first question previously, but I didn’t want to be rude or presumptuous.

Hard to encapsulate how parenthood alters your perception of the world. But it’s profound. Throughout this entire sad and sordid ordeal, my first thoughts were “oh god…the parents.”
First thoughts? Really?
Old 06-07-2022, 10:21 AM

Quote:
First thoughts? Really?
Yes. Particularly for Mo Wilson’s parents. But for Armstrong’s parents as well.

Your responses are perfectly rational. But it’s almost like we’re speaking two different languages. No disrespect meant.

Last edited by XXtwindad; 06-07-2022 at 10:28 AM.
Old 06-07-2022, 10:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KJMUNC View Post
It’s odd they say she was “dropped off” at Newark airport but they never say she cleared security. She either cleared security with a fake ID (which they’ll eventually figure out b/c I’m sure they’re reviewing every second of footage from that day), or she showed up to the airport and left again, which seems like an odd thing to do.

My guess is she spent those 4 days in NYC getting a fake ID and is gone. But to fly internationally she’d still have to have a fake passport, which has to be significantly more difficult.

If she didn’t flee on her own passport originally, she’s prob hiding somewhere in the states.
Or she's creating a false trail...
Closed Thread