Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 06-06-2022, 03:28 PM

Kaitlin Armstrong - CAPTURED!!

Apparently she made the jump from LGA to EWR….but her name didn’t match any passengers on manifests, so she’s either now traveling under a different name or is playing games to throw off the chase.

https://www.sfgate.com/news/article/...J-17222450.php

Last edited by KJMUNC; 06-30-2022 at 11:12 AM.
Old 06-06-2022, 03:37 PM

Doing yoga
Old 06-06-2022, 03:42 PM

Per Cyclingnews, her investigation has been upgraded to "major case" status. Hopefully this will bring more resources to bear. If she got on a flight at EWR using a false identity, they will likely find video evidence.

Greg
Old 06-06-2022, 05:15 PM

U.S. Marshall's website says, "A search of outbound flights at the Newark airport revealed no reservations had been made under the name Kaitlin Marie Armstrong."
Old 06-06-2022, 05:28 PM
what's a little rust?

I wonder how hard it is to get fake travel documents.

All of the fake names people used to sign up for free CDs back in college come to mind ...
Old 06-06-2022, 05:57 PM

You only get screened going through TSA. Easy to buy tickets under other names and go airport to airport as long as you never leave the secure area.
Old 06-06-2022, 06:22 PM
aka RAEKWON

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaybee View Post
You only get screened going through TSA. Easy to buy tickets under other names and go airport to airport as long as you never leave the secure area.
I guess you could just buy a ticket under a random person name, that be pretty clever but she did have a few days to think this out. Or maybe someone helped her or is helping her.
Old 06-06-2022, 07:38 PM

Yeah. I ‘m amazed that shes still at large. Imagine the mental energy it takes to pull it off. Its not a limitless reserve however. Time will take its toll.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 06-06-2022, 08:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaybee View Post
Wait a minute.

When you go through security they scan your boarding pass whether from an app on your phone or paper and it gets logged into the system. Without that "check" or part of the process being completed I highly doubt you'd be able to board a plane where they scan it a second time.

Am I missing something ?

That seems WAY too easy if I'm incorrect.
Old 06-06-2022, 08:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by azrider View Post
Wait a minute.

When you go through security they scan your boarding pass whether from an app on your phone or paper and it gets logged into the system. Without that "check" or part of the process being completed I highly doubt you'd be able to board a plane where they scan it a second time.

Am I missing something ?

You could be right, I wasn’t assuming those databases were connected and I’ve never tried to board a flight except for under my own name.
Old 06-06-2022, 09:33 PM
aka RAEKWON

Quote:
Originally Posted by azrider View Post
Wait a minute.

Am I missing something ?

yeah you can't just do that because you have to check in, if you don't check in then you are not getting on the plane. Unless someone checks in for you and then gives you the ticket (since you are already inside the airport from taking a flight into that airport).
Old 06-06-2022, 11:39 PM

Yeah, you get through security with your real Id. Once in the terminal, just buy a separate ticket under a false name. No one would check it when scanning you in on the plane. A busy airport like NY, it wouldn’t raise any flags someone buying a ticket last minute.
Old 06-07-2022, 05:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bthomas515 View Post
Yeah, you get through security with your real Id. Once in the terminal, just buy a separate ticket under a false name. No one would check it when scanning you in on the plane. A busy airport like NY, it wouldn’t raise any flags someone buying a ticket last minute.
smart
Old 06-07-2022, 05:51 AM

She's with Elvis, JFK, and Salman Rushdie.
Old 06-07-2022, 06:12 AM
aka RAEKWON

Quote:
Originally Posted by bthomas515 View Post
But to have a ticket that works you have to check in so u need a ticket that matches or you will never have the ticket to show at the gate
Closed Thread