Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Old 04-04-2022, 10:19 AM

Caught parts of the Toronto/Miami game post-ride. I really love FVV’s game. Always hustling. Always in the middle of the action. He has to be one of the most underrated players in the league.
Old 04-04-2022, 03:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by XXtwindad View Post
Caught parts of the Toronto/Miami game post-ride. I really love FVV’s game. Always hustling. Always in the middle of the action. He has to be one of the most underrated players in the league.
He is a quality player. I think I saw something today where he is top or near top in minutes per game.

Getting close to playoff time! I watched Grizzlies-Suns a few nights ago and while, as a Grizzlies fan I admit to some bias, I will be very surprised if they don’t make the conference finals and a realistic shot to make the finals. I don’t think I’ve ever watched a team play together so well, so consistently. They were down 5 players (Ja, Bane, JJJ, Adams, Jones - 4 starters and 2nd team point guard) and pulled off a 10 point win.

In other news, Lakers continue to stagger their way toward a playoff miss.
Old 04-06-2022, 07:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spaghetti Legs View Post
He is a quality player. I think I saw something today where he is top or near top in minutes per game.

Getting close to playoff time! I watched Grizzlies-Suns a few nights ago and while, as a Grizzlies fan I admit to some bias, I will be very surprised if they don’t make the conference finals and a realistic shot to make the finals. I don’t think I’ve ever watched a team play together so well, so consistently. They were down 5 players (Ja, Bane, JJJ, Adams, Jones - 4 starters and 2nd team point guard) and pulled off a 10 point win.

In other news, Lakers continue to stagger their way toward a playoff miss.
Yup - Fell last nite - They are out! See ya LeBron.

Last edited by wc1934; 04-06-2022 at 12:39 PM. Reason: e
Old 04-06-2022, 11:08 AM

Frank Vogel will not be the coach any longer. Some chatter about Doc Rivers. I look forward to playoffs, maybe Kawhi returns?
Old 04-06-2022, 12:47 PM

The Lakers will get better when they let their GM be the GM instead of letting their best player be the GM. LeBron is a basketball savant, but the team he supposedly selected to be around him is terrible and worse, doesn't even have a cohesive theory of how it's supposed to work together.
Old 04-06-2022, 01:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaybee View Post
The Lakers will get better when they let their GM be the GM instead of letting their best player be the GM. LeBron is a basketball savant, but the team he supposedly selected to be around him is terrible and worse, doesn't even have a cohesive theory of how it's supposed to work together.
I agree and I think they are stuck with this or similarly bad team for a couple of years unless they trade AD or Lebron, really the only 2 guys with any real value on the team.
Old 04-06-2022, 01:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wc1934 View Post
Yup - Fell last nite - They are out! See ya LeBron.
I'm an unabashed LeBron fan. Is there anyone else in the history of team sports who has performed at such a high level for so long? Brady comes close, but he doesn't take the beating LeBron does.

What is he? 38? And his stats are better than his rookie season in 2003? That's just nuts. Hats off.
Old 04-06-2022, 02:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spaghetti Legs View Post
I agree and I think they are stuck with this or similarly bad team for a couple of years unless they trade AD or Lebron, really the only 2 guys with any real value on the team.
LeBron would just walk. Its kind of what he does. Next year is his last under contract with LA. Unlikely he does an extension given how this season went.

We've also seen that Draymond Green needs Steph Curry to be a competent NBA player, and Klay Thompson has been completely ruined by those injuries.
Old 04-06-2022, 04:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlashUNC View Post
LeBron would just walk. Its kind of what he does. Next year is his last under contract with LA. Unlikely he does an extension given how this season went.
Bron is unpredictable. He has a lot left in the tank. I won't be surprised if he "retires" to take a year off, then comes back when Bronny Jr. is NBA eligible. The Westbrook experiment was a big failure, not sure what's next for LAL. I enjoyed seeing Westy this year. The big disappointment is Anthony Davis - this guy is very rarely healthy.
Old 04-06-2022, 09:15 PM

Quote:
That’s why I think it’s not out of the realm of possibility that he agrees to a trade. I can’t see him burning another year like this one, and I don’t see the team doing much better next year.
Old 04-06-2022, 09:54 PM
Vendor

LBJ isn't going anywhere. He's looking for a legacy maker and that's what the Lakers are. Even if they aren't playing well, for him to break Kareem's all time record IN LA, it's a legacy moment for him and the Lakers. Plus he has all the business interests there. It's been in the works since he went back to Cleveland. Everyone here knew it. And when he started closing the local businesses he and his wife had the year before he left, everyone knew what was going to happen. And his kids like it out there, he wants to play long enough for play with his oldest in the NBA. He ain't going anywhere.
Old 04-06-2022, 09:57 PM
Vendor

Can't believe the Knicks blew the lead like that.
Old 04-06-2022, 10:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Velocipede View Post
LBJ isn't going anywhere. He's looking for a legacy maker and that's what the Lakers are. Even if they aren't playing well, for him to break Kareem's all time record IN LA, it's a legacy moment for him and the Lakers. Plus he has all the business interests there. It's been in the works since he went back to Cleveland. Everyone here knew it. And when he started closing the local businesses he and his wife had the year before he left, everyone knew what was going to happen. And his kids like it out there, he wants to play long enough for play with his oldest in the NBA. He ain't going anywhere.
Steve Ballmer is literally in the same building.
Old 04-07-2022, 09:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by XXtwindad View Post
I'm an unabashed LeBron fan. Is there anyone else in the history of team sports who has performed at such a high level for so long? Brady comes close, but he doesn't take the beating LeBron does.

What is he? 38? And his stats are better than his rookie season in 2003? That's just nuts. Hats off.
As Kareem said the other day - "GOATS don't dance".
Old 04-07-2022, 09:30 AM
Vendor

Quote:
Steve Ballmer is literally in the same building.
Only for a few months. Don't they open the new place for the Clippers in 2023?