Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Old 09-16-2019, 07:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by William View Post
Mrs William isn't a big fan of the vans, but she likes square...

W.
that thing is so ridiculously pimp.................wife has good taste
Old 09-17-2019, 12:55 AM
|:||:|::|:||:|:

Quote:
Mrs William isn't a big fan of the vans, but she likes square...
that's also a good choice for driving here in the US because, like the Delica, it has US-analog versions in the Montero and Dodge Raider. Will make insurance easier and cheaper.
Old 09-17-2019, 10:20 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by azrider View Post
that thing is so ridiculously pimp.................wife has good taste
I had to do a little Gumby impression to get into it, but once behind the wheel it wasn't too bad. There is another one not too far from here...

W.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Pajero B.jpg (146.4 KB, 188 views)
Old 09-17-2019, 10:21 AM

Drool...............

[IMG][/IMG]
Old 09-17-2019, 10:22 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpendergast View Post
that's also a good choice for driving here in the US because, like the Delica, it has US-analog versions in the Montero and Dodge Raider. Will make insurance easier and cheaper.
That is a plus for sure and should make getting parts easier.

W.
Old 09-17-2019, 10:24 AM

Very nice.......those 4D56T engines are are super reliable. The black one RHD also ??
Old 09-17-2019, 10:25 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Drool...............

[IMG][/IMG]
Nice!!!

This one just popped up locally as well...

W.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Delica.jpg (90.0 KB, 185 views)
Old 09-17-2019, 10:28 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Very nice.......those 4D56T engines are are super reliable. The black one RHD also ??
It is. It has a few more upgrade goodies on it and at a lower price than the other one. Haven't looked at it yet so I don't know if it's been ridden hard.

W.
Old 09-17-2019, 11:03 AM

Quote:
It is. It has a few more upgrade goodies on it and at a lower price than the other one. Haven't looked at it yet so I don't know if it's been ridden hard.

W.

Ya know it’s funny......of the 10 or 15 trucks I’ve looked at since my JDM obsession started, more than half were owned by people who liked the idea of owning 4x but never even engaged the transfer case.

Pretty sure you’ve seen my green one, but recently the wife got a company car and I commandeered her CRV as my DD. (37’s are brutal on mpg )

The CRV is Great car but just blah on the wow/unique factor. With her blessing, she gave me carte blanche to find what I wanted and I found a 2006 (last year Mitsu shipped these to states)Gen 3 Pajero with 75000 miles, one owner, and lived its life in Paradise Valley (richest zip code in state) so it was only driven during winters, and garaged during summers. Back seats don’t even look like they were ever sat in......and yes, you guessed it, the 4x was never engaged. Score!

It was bone stock when we got it and I’ve upgraded wheels/tires but wife is over the moon with it and I’m waaaay happier driving this than the CRV

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by azrider; 09-17-2019 at 11:31 AM.
Old 09-17-2019, 02:52 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Ya know it’s funny......of the 10 or 15 trucks I’ve looked at since my JDM obsession started, more than half were owned by people who liked the idea of owning 4x but never even engaged the transfer case.

Pretty sure you’ve seen my green one, but recently the wife got a company car and I commandeered her CRV as my DD. (37’s are brutal on mpg )

The CRV is Great car but just blah on the wow/unique factor. With her blessing, she gave me carte blanche to find what I wanted and I found a 2006 (last year Mitsu shipped these to states)Gen 3 Pajero with 75000 miles, one owner, and lived its life in Paradise Valley (richest zip code in state) so it was only driven during winters, and garaged during summers. Back seats don’t even look like they were ever sat in......and yes, you guessed it, the 4x was never engaged. Score!

It was bone stock when we got it and I’ve upgraded wheels/tires but wife is over the moon with it and I’m waaaay happier driving this than the CRV

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nice score! I've also been looking a those as well. Nice contrast with the wheel choice there. Like you I tend to swim against the stream with vehicles and like things that are a little different...but still very capable. I'm in no hurry and I now have a lot of choices in the area so I will take my time, see what is here, what is moving, and what the local market commands. Eventually I will hit a deal I can't pass up.

To your point there are a lot of 4x vehicles that rarely ever go off pavement, those are generally the ones you want. A lot of times you can find heavily modified rigs where a lot is already done for you...but they also tend to have been ridden hard off-road. The ads that have photos showing the seller wheeling the rig hard through bogs and/or through rock gardens etc... make me chuckle and move on to something else. Documenting your beating the snot out of it on the trail is generally an indication to pass for me. I would rather take the tame never wheeled rig and make it what I want it to be.

W.

Lots of choices out here for a JDM itch...

Attached Images
File Type: jpg choices copy.jpg (151.5 KB, 176 views)
Old 09-17-2019, 03:09 PM
Administrator

Posting...just because:

W.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Nissan.jpg (93.8 KB, 175 views)
Old 09-17-2019, 03:15 PM
coffee consumer

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOTHBROOKS View Post
i love my honda crv.
my paid-for 2004 2WD Tacoma SR5 gets me everywhere I need to go.

surprised we're at page 5 and no one has mentioned a SHERP!

Last edited by josephr; 09-17-2019 at 03:20 PM.
Old 09-17-2019, 03:29 PM

Don't forget these. https://jeep.fandom.com/wiki/Mitsubishi_Jeep
Old 09-17-2019, 05:49 PM

Quote:
...I found a 2006 (last year Mitsu shipped these to states)Gen 3 Pajero with 75000 miles...
That'd be "Montero" in these parts...

I had an '01 that was bulletproof. I got hit and it was totaled in '14...had 210k on it and would have gone another 100 easy. I loved it.

The '06 has the 3.8l, yes? If not, I have a brand new y-pipe that never made it on to mine to deal with one of the integrated pre-cats giving up the ghost. Also, I highly recommend the OME HD spring/shock package.

Old 09-17-2019, 06:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dookie View Post
That'd be "Montero" in these parts...

I had an '01 that was bulletproof. I got hit and it was totaled in '14...had 210k on it and would have gone another 100 easy. I loved it.

The '06 has the 3.8l, yes? If not, I have a brand new y-pipe that never made it on to mine to deal with one of the integrated pre-cats giving up the ghost. Also, I highly recommend the OME HD spring/shock package.

Doooood.........that thing is sweet. XLS or Limited? I'm guessing Limited. Are those custom sliders?? Please tell me you took those with you when it was totalled

So your '01 had more in common with my '97 SR. They were still putting the 3.5L in up till 2002. But I think you got a DOHC on yours right? My '97 was an odd production year that got SOHC.....the DOHC may have little more grunt but my SOHC has been dead reliable. (knock on wood)

Thanks for offering up y-pipe. I would use it on my '97 but I'm sourcing some new headers (from AUS ) and will redo the entire exhaust system while I'm at it.

But you're correct, my 2006 has the 3.8L ('03-'06 got the 3.8) and the 5 speed sporttronic transmission. (ohhhhh fancy) But it's a daily for the wife and the 5th gear is perfect for highway and roadtrip needs. I'm having way too much fun modifying my Gen 2 at moment that I'll leave the Gen 3 pretty much stock......but I have heard great things about OME HD shock package.

Oh and I'm stateside and live in AZ. I know I should be calling it Montero.......... but I just think Pajero sounds cooler

Good stuff.

Last edited by azrider; 09-17-2019 at 06:53 PM.