Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Old 01-20-2018, 07:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil View Post
Could anyone recommend a bike shop to have it delivered to?
I don't know for certain. I would start with Cupertino Bikes or The Bicycle Outfitter.

Last edited by Hindmost; 01-20-2018 at 07:45 PM. Reason: Didn't notice the date lag.
Old 01-21-2018, 02:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldpotatoe View Post
I don’t think so but you might check with Aaron at Mosaic. Belinky is kinda the go to place but not fast. Might also check Mark Nobilette...he’s up by Longmont. Tell him I sent ya but he’ll still probably talk to ya
Hah! Thanks for the recommendations.

If I went the Bilenkey route do you know the rough cost/time?
Old 01-21-2018, 05:43 PM
Proud Grandpa

Quote:
Hah! Thanks for the recommendations.

If I went the Bilenkey route do you know the rough cost/time?
Sorry I don’t but heard it isn’t quick.

http://www.bilenky.com/
Old 07-14-2018, 09:30 AM

Morning everyone! I'm here in Colorado again, but the bike that I built last time is locked in the server room at work. This is more than a little frustrating, but there you go.

I just tried to call the Rapha cafe to enquire as to their stock of hire bikes, but got voicemail. Anyone got a recommendation here? I'd call U cycles, but I don't think they're open until 10, and I'll have drunk a medically dangerous amount of coffee if I have to wait that length of time.
Old 07-14-2018, 09:31 AM

In a server room 2.7 miles from where I sit as I type this:

Still, our office security is good, from a glass half full perspective.
Old 01-06-2019, 03:06 PM

Hello again fellow Paceliners - and Happy New Year.

I'm coming to America next Saturday (the 12th), will be in California for a week then Colorado until the 26th.

I'm debating picking up a wheelset to take back home with me - specifically the Santa Cruz Reserve 30/29er wheelset.

My preference would be to order them either from a friendly local bikeshop in Boulder, or to be delivered to my hotel - or from the friendly local bikeshop delivered to my hotel, if that makes sense.

I always get caught out by sales-tax in the US - it's a surprise each time at the counter. Does it apply to mail-order purchases? What if I call and pay from the UK, then pick up/get stuff delivered?
Old 01-06-2019, 04:22 PM

Order from Jenson. Ship to Colorado. No sales tax.
Better yet, call them and ask for a coupon code. They might just give you one in addition to no sales tax when shipped to CO.

Quote:
Hello again fellow Paceliners - and Happy New Year.

I'm coming to America next Saturday (the 12th), will be in California for a week then Colorado until the 26th.

I'm debating picking up a wheelset to take back home with me - specifically the Santa Cruz Reserve 30/29er wheelset.

My preference would be to order them either from a friendly local bikeshop in Boulder, or to be delivered to my hotel - or from the friendly local bikeshop delivered to my hotel, if that makes sense.

I always get caught out by sales-tax in the US - it's a surprise each time at the counter. Does it apply to mail-order purchases? What if I call and pay from the UK, then pick up/get stuff delivered?
Old 01-18-2019, 11:11 PM

Thanks for the advice - I ran out of time to order any wheels in the end, this time round.

I’m in the Omni Interlocken as I type this, intending on skiing at Eldora tomorrow, and Avis gave me what is basically a small bus - if anyone wants a lift please let me know, it’s going to be odd rattling around in a vehicle the size of a shipping container on my own!
Old 02-22-2022, 01:44 PM

Resurrecting this thread as I have some Colorado (well, in or around Boulder) questions, specifically related to real-estate.

My understanding is that the Boulder area is really quite expensive these days, but I don't have a finer level of understanding than that.

If I wanted a two/three bedroom apartment with a garage to fill with bikes, roughly what would that cost me per month?
Old 02-22-2022, 01:56 PM

Quote:
Resurrecting this thread as I have some Colorado (well, in or around Boulder) questions, specifically related to real-estate.

My understanding is that the Boulder area is really quite expensive these days, but I don't have a finer level of understanding than that.

If I wanted a two/three bedroom apartment with a garage to fill with bikes, roughly what would that cost me per month?
My son rented a nice 2 bed condo in a complex in NoBo for $2500. Pretty spacious, had deck, attached two car garage and finished basement for office or playspace. Seemed to be a good deal about this time a year ago.

He traded up to a 3 bed house in SoBo, with two car garage, finished basement, patio, etc., for a modest increase in housing expense (mortgage).
Hot Tubes
LiteSpeed
SpeshFatboy
Old 02-22-2022, 02:47 PM

Thanks, that’s really useful.

I doubt I’d be in a position to get a mortgage- L1 visa or similar.
Old 02-22-2022, 03:16 PM

Quote:
Thanks, that’s really useful.

I doubt I’d be in a position to get a mortgage- L1 visa or similar.
Not suggesting that you do that...just adding some color commentary.

Housing market is high demand/low supply in Boulder right now...if you're going to be there for a while, you might want to consider renting an AirBnB for a month or two while you look for someplace nice... And the neighborhoods vary quite a bit in character, so you're best off being there for a while before you commit to a lease...
Hot Tubes
LiteSpeed
SpeshFatboy
Old 02-22-2022, 03:50 PM

Yes - a good plan. I'd like to spend a month in Boulder, doing the new role, before I make a decision as to whether I make such a big shift.
Old 02-22-2022, 04:29 PM

Quote:
Yes - a good plan. I'd like to spend a month in Boulder, doing the new role, before I make a decision as to whether I make such a big shift.
Not sure where your commute would be to, but Longmont is the most affordable town in the area and has access to bike routes out of its west side (closest to Boulder) that is the best in the area, IMHO, unless you want to ride Flagstaff every day.
Old 02-22-2022, 06:07 PM
Boeuf Chaîne

Zillow has plenty of information on apartments in any given area in the US. I would think that the information would given you an idea of the ballpark costs for Boulder, or anywhere else of interest on the Front Range.

Good luck - figuring out stuff like where to live can be a real hassle.

https://www.zillow.com/homes/for_ren...ji_y6hs9%22%7D