Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Old 07-08-2018, 05:17 PM
Back At It!

Any Paceliners on the Kitsap Peninsula?

We will end our cross-country journey Friday as we hit Poulsbo, WA and I really want to get back riding... As much as I wanted to get back riding in Virginia, the roads/traaffic/flatness/lack of dirt just didn't do it for me... so, needless to say, I'm way out of riding shape! Anyone in the Poulsbo/Silverdale area? It will still be a couple weeks before I'm set up to ride, but figured I'd put the question out there now.

Thanks!
Old 07-08-2018, 09:02 PM

hey fourflys. not out there but good to hear from ya. seems like it's been awhile!
Old 07-08-2018, 09:20 PM

Paging Kirk007..

And you should mark your calendar for the Bicycle Quarterly ride coming up on the Kitsap. For some reason Google is failing me, but hopefully someone else will chime in.

Some good hints here too: http://classiccycleus.com/home/rentals/rides/
Old 07-08-2018, 10:14 PM

Hello there and welcome back to the west coast. I am up in Sequim about an hour from Silverdale. I don't know all the rides their on the Kitsap peninsula but definitely call or stop by Classic Cycles On Bainbridge Isl. for ride information. Drop me a PM and I will fill you in on rides up in our area and let me know if you want to come up here I can show you around. The Peninsula trails collation and Olympic discovery trail put out great maps for east and west Clallam county here I have several I could send you if you like just let me know.
So where will you be stationed I am assuming Bremerton? I don't know of any Coast Guard presence in Bremerton but then again I have been retired and out of the loop for 15 years.
Talk to ya later.
John
Old 07-09-2018, 01:19 AM
Back At It!

Thanks all! I was out for a visit a couple months ago and stopped by Classic Cycles, had a good chat with Gavin.

Really looking forward to the riding!
Old 07-09-2018, 09:32 AM

According to the USCG D13 website looks like there is a couple 87' WPBs there and some sort of HLS unit. Of course, also lots of Navy.

Back to the riding. I was stationed in Seattle and have relatives on the Kitsap Peninsula. Never did much road riding over there but the logging road options are almost unlimited, if you're into the cyclocross/gravel bike stuff. Lots of exploring with probably thousands of miles of backcountry riding.
Old 07-09-2018, 09:59 AM
Back At It!

Quote:
Originally Posted by semdoug View Post
According to the USCG D13 website looks like there is a couple 87' WPBs there and some sort of HLS unit. Of course, also lots of Navy.

Back to the riding. I was stationed in Seattle and have relatives on the Kitsap Peninsula. Never did much road riding over there but the logging road options are almost unlimited, if you're into the cyclocross/gravel bike stuff. Lots of exploring with probably thousands of miles of backcountry riding.
Yes, we have a Maritime Force Protection Unit (MFPU) on the Bangor Navy base, should be an interesting tour for me! Really looking forward to it!

Yep, I'm lookin forward to getting the Black Mountain MonsterCross out on some of those trails...

Thanks
Old 07-09-2018, 11:14 AM

Did some racing long time back in Key Peninsula, but that's not all that close to Poulsbo/Silverdale. There's a shop in Silverdale that might be a good place to check. I've wanted to put together a gravel ride in that area for a couple years, I just have no knowledge base to map it out. Would LOVE to coordinate with a local to get that put together!

Oh, and DO visit Valholl Brewing in Poulsbo.
Old 07-09-2018, 11:46 AM
Back At It!

Thanks David, and great looking bikes!

Yes, I gotta thing there are some great roads for gravel riding up there...
Old 07-09-2018, 02:23 PM

Check out Evergreen West Sound on Facebook. They do Tuesday night MTB rides in that area.
Old 07-11-2018, 09:48 AM
formerly Landshark_98

Headed to Europe about the time you get settled in; back in September. Live on Bainbridge.

Sent from my GT-N5110 using Tapatalk
Old 07-12-2018, 06:44 AM
Proud Grandpa

Quote:
Originally Posted by fourflys View Post
We will end our cross-country journey Friday as we hit Poulsbo, WA and I really want to get back riding... As much as I wanted to get back riding in Virginia, the roads/traaffic/flatness/lack of dirt just didn't do it for me... so, needless to say, I'm way out of riding shape! Anyone in the Poulsbo/Silverdale area? It will still be a couple weeks before I'm set up to ride, but figured I'd put the question out there now.

Thanks!
Your tour in VA already done? And across to WA? Yikes..
Old 07-14-2018, 10:04 PM
Back At It!

Looking forward to meeting you, Kirk!

OldP- short-toured one year to take a Command Master Chief job that got us back on the West Coast... This will probably be my last tour as it will take me to 28 (maybe 29 with an extension) and I'm tired of moving! I will be working with the Navy for this one, that should be fun.

We finally got here yesterday, our stuff (my bikes) get dropped off Monday.