Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > Image Gallery > Custom Bikes

Old 08-02-2020, 05:43 AM
ZhugeLiang

Quote:
Originally Posted by nortx-Dave View Post
Tire clearance was a HUGE consideration. I live in rural North Texas west of FT Worth and the county roads are poorly maintained with rough chip seal. I currently ride a '09 Lynskey R331 with barely enough room for a 25c tire, and I'm looking for air volume to smooth the roads out. I also wanted to be able to ride very short gravel sections that connect paved roads.

However, this is NOT going to be a gravel bike. One of the reasons I chose Chris Bishop to build a bike was his penchant for building tight geometry road bikes that have clearance for fatter tires.

This picture is taken with a WTB 30c Exposure tire (measuring 32c). You can see the generous clearance.
Sorry I missed your response a while ago.

I have one custom bike built about 10 years ago. It was my only custom road bike.

It went through a repaint recently and I started a thread to talk about it. We both have a lot of "naked" frame picts.

When I was going through the design phase with my builder, I described to him in great details what I envisioned this bike to be. Back then, words like "gravel" or "all-road" don't exist in my vocabulary and hasn't become mainstream. I simply described how versatile I want my custom bike to be, all the different places I want to be able to ride it in, the kind of rider I am, my preferred riding style and position etc. And with that, he came up with the necessary design. I was satisfied with the result.

Everything has tradeoffs. It's what you focused on that matters.
Old 08-03-2020, 02:28 PM

I live in the Baltimore area, and have only seen a few Bishop frames, and they look incredible. I would love to buy one some day. The attention to detail is a big differentiator, and his taste is impeccable. Congrats on that beautiful bike. Good luck with it!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 08-03-2020, 04:21 PM

I live in the area and I am starting to think that I should also start saving for my first and last custom bike.

Maybe when my daughter graduate from college 10 years from now
Old 08-03-2020, 09:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuxbailey View Post
I live in the area and I am starting to think that I should also start saving for my first and last custom bike.

Maybe when my daughter graduate from college 10 years from now

This will be my first and very likely my last custom bike. And at 60 years old next year, probably my last new bike period. As long as I've been riding - since 1980, I've always been an N=1 kinda guy - currently with my 2009 Lynskey R330. This new Bishop will bump me up to N=2. If this Bishop is everything it's promising to be, I can't see any reason to buy another bike.

Last edited by nortx-Dave; 08-03-2020 at 09:28 PM.
Old 08-05-2020, 09:16 AM

Beautiful. I love the attention to detail and blue Rossin nostalgia. Looking forward to seeing this all built up!
Old 08-05-2020, 02:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julien View Post
Beautiful. I love the attention to detail and blue Rossin nostalgia. Looking forward to seeing this all built up!
Thanks!

Your Bishop is a Looker too!

Would be cool to have a Bishop owners ride someday!
Old 08-09-2020, 12:13 PM

Some day when we can all travel and hang out with groups again it would be a blast
Old 08-09-2020, 01:29 PM

Chris was working with a tour operator in France (I think) for a trip this summer. Wasn't required to own a Bishop but guessing many riders would have them. Have to think that was a casualty of COVID but perhaps they will try again.
Old 08-11-2020, 08:32 AM

He was looking around Biarritz Near the border with Spain on the Atlantic coast. I have done a little riding around there on a meh rental bike I would love to go back on my Bishop. Now all I need is a to find a bag of cash lying around
Old 08-13-2020, 09:20 PM

This bike is looking great!!