Builder's Spotlight The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > Image Gallery > The Showcase

Old 08-28-2017, 10:34 PM
Vendor

Scott's Colossus emerges

Scott's Llewellyn "Colossus" emerges from the chrysalis to meet the Queensland Sunshine for first time.

www.llewellynbikes.com
Old 08-29-2017, 02:56 AM

Purity of purpose. Bravo.

Could we see close ups of the headtube? I feel as if I'm seeing the same chromed tab/paint protector which is on the seat tube.

Edit: Just took a look at the headtube in the process photos. Thoughtful, lovely details.

Last edited by m4rk540; 08-29-2017 at 02:58 AM.
Old 08-30-2017, 05:03 PM
Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by m4rk540 View Post
Purity of purpose. Bravo.

Could we see close ups of the headtube? I feel as if I'm seeing the same chromed tab/paint protector which is on the seat tube.

Edit: Just took a look at the headtube in the process photos. Thoughtful, lovely details.
No chrome, never chrome here since 1997. Only stainless steel for the shiny bits.

www.llewellynbikes.com
Old 09-19-2017, 06:56 PM
Vendor

Geoff's stem gets some treatment

Back to Geoff's Lucentezza Custodian frame set that will have a few twists.

one lug is done, one lug left to receive the toil

www.llewellynbikes.com
Old 09-19-2017, 07:12 PM
Vendor

Geoff's Colossus with SRAM eTap

Geoff’s new LLeweLLyn is a variation of the Colossus frame set, using Dedaccia formed chainstays and seat stays, fitted up with SRAM eTap. A mix of Columbus and Dedaccia tubes are fillet brazed with 55% silver content brazing rods, stainless steel fittings. Joey did his Candy Apple Red magic and voila.

www.llewellynbikes.com
Old 09-20-2017, 05:14 PM
Vendor

Eric's Cadenzia has left the building !

Making bikes, simply make bikes, just make the bikes.

www.llewellynbikes.com
Old 10-14-2017, 05:19 PM
Vendor

Noel's Lucentezza Llewellyn

The Joker is ?

www.llewellynbikes.com
Old 10-14-2017, 05:22 PM

The cable rub notch is genius. Thanks for all th pics
Old 10-14-2017, 05:25 PM
Vendor

Noel's Lucentezza

A lathe is a beautiful thing, then is is hack hack gring grind , whrrrrrr whizzzz, whirrrr, file file file

www.llewellynbikes.com
Old 10-14-2017, 05:33 PM
Vendor

Noel's Lucentezza

Cook up

I could

Hand mitre in

the easy path would be just to write poetry about my self but as Nick Cave tells us

"Most people wait for the muse to turn up. That’s terribly unreliable. I have to sit down and pursue the muse by attempting to work."
Nick Cave

www.llewellynbikes.com
Old 10-14-2017, 05:38 PM
Vendor

Noel's Lucentezza

Insert significant toil to stainless steel

www.llewellynbikes.com
Old 10-14-2017, 05:41 PM

Wow.

We would all be so lucky as to have even half as much fun and joy in doing our daily work as Dazza clearly does in his.
Old 10-14-2017, 08:24 PM
Vendor

Conflicted emotions

Quote:
Originally Posted by cadence90 View Post
Wow.

We would all be so lucky as to have even half as much fun and joy in doing our daily work as Dazza clearly does in his.
The enjoyment for me is to go there once, to take one's creative needs to a place, just once and then having done it, move on, but to repeat this again, the reality is that the price is rising to balance the price of hours and the strain. So if some one must have a frame, fork, stem and spacer like this "Llewellyn Lucentezza" frame set, it is now $12,500 aud. It has to be such.

The bikes have been good to me, I do enjoy my work, most of the time, but my mind is exhausted after 38 years since I started work at Hoffy Cycles in Sandgate. I feel like I am at the end of my energies. I feel I am coming to the end of my time doing this high polish stainless work, so as to be rid of the incredible implications that is demands. It takes so much time, it takes so much out of my mind and body. I am in no way exaggerating the toll it sucks out of my mind and spirit. It has been now over 17 years of doing these and it's worth to me has diminished, in respect to both fiscal and emotional . If any one wants a Llewellyn Lucentezza from my hands, then 2018 may, just may be be the last year I will let myself inflict such flagellation. But as with many things, time passed diminishes the memory of the toil and some one comes along and twists my arm.......... and it starts all over again......................

www.llewellynbikes.com
Old 10-14-2017, 08:53 PM
Member?

Your craftsmanship is astounding. I shake my head in disbelief when I view the images of your work. Simply amazing. Thank you for sharing your creative process with us here on the forum.
Old 10-14-2017, 08:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dazza View Post
The enjoyment for me is to go there once, to take one's creative needs to a place, just once and then having done it, move on, but to repeat this again, the reality is that the price is rising to balance the price of hours and the strain. So if some one must have a frame, fork, stem and spacer like this "Llewellyn Lucentezza" frame set, it is now $12,500 aud. It has to be such.

The bikes have been good to me, I do enjoy my work, most of the time, but my mind is exhausted after 38 years since I started work at Hoffy Cycles in Sandgate. I feel like I am at the end of my energies. I feel I am coming to the end of my time doing this high polish stainless work, so as to be rid of the incredible implications that is demands. It takes so much time, it takes so much out of my mind and body. I am in no way exaggerating the toll it sucks out of my mind and spirit. It has been now over 17 years of doing these and it's worth to me has diminished, in respect to both fiscal and emotional . If any one wants a Llewellyn Lucentezza from my hands, then 2018 may, just may be be the last year I will let myself inflict such flagellation. But as with many things, time passed diminishes the memory of the toil and some one comes along and twists my arm.......... and it starts all over again......................
Beautiful writing.

My mother was a silversmith, so I can partially relate to the artistic drive, the mental fatigue, and the physical toll.

I completely respect your dedication and command of craft, and the various peaks you continually reach. Yes, there may never be a reason to repeat any of them, but getting there even only once is certainly worth it, and a testament to your skills and devotion.