Builder's Spotlight The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > Image Gallery > Custom Bikes

Old 08-14-2017, 05:29 PM

I've always wondered how an English rides with those spindly seat stays. Are they flexy in a good way (comfort) or a bad way (twisting)? Or do you not even notice them?
Old 08-14-2017, 08:47 PM
aka RAEKWON

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12snap View Post
I've always wondered how an English rides with those spindly seat stays. Are they flexy in a good way (comfort) or a bad way (twisting)? Or do you not even notice them?
don't even notice them which means his ideas on "the seatstays are just there to provide a ‘prop’ for this structure under vertical loads" is correct.

bike is amazing, stiff where it needs to be, amazing craftsmanship. Not really into ISPs but I am really liking it because I always know the saddle is perfectly straight (I am OCD like that lol).
Old 08-15-2017, 04:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by R3awak3n View Post
don't even notice them which means his ideas on "the seatstays are just there to provide a ‘prop’ for this structure under vertical loads" is correct.

bike is amazing, stiff where it needs to be, amazing craftsmanship. Not really into ISPs but I am really liking it because I always know the saddle is perfectly straight (I am OCD like that lol).
Thanks for the info. Hopefully, one will show up for sale someday in my size and I can ride one to see for myself.
Old 08-15-2017, 08:52 PM

Understated and beautiful
Old 08-15-2017, 10:00 PM
aka RAEKWON

thank you!
Old 08-17-2017, 12:07 PM

Anyone doubting Rob's methods, should really research some of his articles on structural strength. The guy was an Engineer prior to his bike building career. Skinny tubes in non structural locations have no bearing on stiffness of lack thereof.

I'll have my English month end and I'll post the build! Rob is one of the nicest guys out there, and in person you can see the passion he has for building bikes. His studio is like a maze of his brain and design process. Something amazing to see in person. Just his whole setup.
Old 08-17-2017, 09:31 PM
aka RAEKWON

Quote:
Originally Posted by denapista View Post
Anyone doubting Rob's methods, should really research some of his articles on structural strength. The guy was an Engineer prior to his bike building career. Skinny tubes in non structural locations have no bearing on stiffness of lack thereof.

I'll have my English month end and I'll post the build! Rob is one of the nicest guys out there, and in person you can see the passion he has for building bikes. His studio is like a maze of his brain and design process. Something amazing to see in person. Just his whole setup.
he does seem like a super nice guy, the only communication I had with him was to buy some English water bottles and he was SUPER nice. Can't wait to see your english.