Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Old Today, 10:46 AM

Thinking about some BTLOS gravel wheels and have a question about the subset

I'm curious to what you think of the BTLOS RD-SP Hub compare to the bitex 312 and the dt Swiss 350 rear disc hubs.. Both the BTLOS offer the 54 tooth ratchet which is good for me because I'm looking for faster engagement than 10 degrees. Thanks.
Old Today, 11:00 AM

I have no experience with the others, but I used the Bitex hubs on the gravel wheels I bought from them recently and they work just fine. The price was great as well.

I'm not sure I would be able to tell the difference between hubs, really, besides the sound they make when I'm coasting. But, uh, the Bitex ones roll like they're supposed to, I guess.
Old Today, 12:03 PM

My BTLOS 45mm wavy wheelset is technically gravel with 22mm ID. I use it on an all road bike that occasionally sees a dirt shortcut, but no extended time on gravel. I have 24/24 Bitex with straight pull spokes. They're silky smooth and if the time ever comes, the bearings are available.
Old Today, 12:47 PM
Sunshine

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomP View Post
I'm curious to what you think of the BTLOS RD-SP Hub compare to the bitex 312 and the dt Swiss 350 rear disc hubs.. Both the BTLOS offer the 54 tooth ratchet which is good for me because I'm looking for faster engagement than 10 degrees. Thanks.
I have wondered about the btlos branded hubs and since they were released, and I really haven't seen review discussions.
Odd.

In January I bought 35mm asymmetric btlos rims laced to Bitex hubs with Pilar Aero spokes and am really happy. They are lighter than what I could have bought for double the price or more, they came true and have stayed true, and they cost less than anything I found, even compared to the deep discount options the market was offering back at the end of '23.
I selected no spoke holes and love the decision. Also, I asked that weep holes be drilled into the rims- this is something they offer for free and has to be requested ahead of time.

Best of luck getting info on the btlos hubs!