Builder's Spotlight The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > Image Gallery > Production Bikes

Old 07-02-2017, 11:56 AM

Very nice! I really enjoy reading your posts. And it's nice seeing so many "big" bikes that are so dialed in aesthetically.
Old 07-02-2017, 05:09 PM

Glad you finally landed a winner! You've had quite the adventure through few of the greats to builders.
Old 07-02-2017, 09:21 PM

I am glad you did not make the same mistake I made of selling the frame before getting it truly dialed in. Jealous, that is one good looking bike!
Old 07-03-2017, 08:48 AM
aka RAEKWON

The best way to figure out what you like is to try it. I started cycling on a 59mm bike and now all my bikes are in the 56/57 range
Old 07-03-2017, 08:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clean39T View Post
I'm locking in. This is the one. The rest are headed to the classifieds. I don't know why I didn't just use my fit from the Kestrel as a template straight off, but spending 40mi and 3,500ft of ups on this today just confirmed that it's how I like my road bikes to fit. The Merlin, Serotta, Yamaguchi, and Holland are great bikes - but they are all too long in the TT and tall up front for how I like my road-only bikes to feel.

/.../

The 177.5 cranks felt good too - or I should say, I didn't notice a difference, so they're staying.

More to come as the final pieces come together and I get more miles in with her.

Happy day!
Nice!

At 6'4", 177.5's are my favorite length cranks. Give them a little time -- like a few months -- to see if you really like them.
Old 07-03-2017, 09:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by R3awak3n View Post
The best way to figure out what you like is to try it. I started cycling on a 59mm bike and now all my bikes are in the 56/57 range
yep. first road bike was a 535, then I went to 55, now I'm on 54's. no idea how I racked up 15k miles on a 55, but I did.

either way, awesome build! and glad you didn't let it slip away from you!
Old 07-03-2017, 07:17 PM

Quote:
I loved being back on a 39/53 up front, and the 12-29 is plenty for the steepest stuff around here.
I don't know where "around here" is but it's good to be young. There is no way that anyone would characterize me on a 39 heading up the steeper pieces of the Santa Monica mountains as "spinning".

Lovely bike.
Old 07-03-2017, 08:20 PM

Ironically, I think the DA gruppo and wheel set with white saddle and tape suited it better - but I'll reserve judgement until the moots finishing kit is on! If the headtube was shorter I'd have snapped this one up myself when i saw it for sale. Chapeau.
Old 07-03-2017, 08:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgolvin View Post
I don't know where "around here" is but it's good to be young. There is no way that anyone would characterize me on a 39 heading up the steeper pieces of the Santa Monica mountains as "spinning".

Lovely bike.

Portland

~17lb bike and a currently in-shape me means it works; but it wouldn't be my 200K Haute Rockies choice..
Old 07-03-2017, 09:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bencolem View Post
Ironically, I think the DA gruppo and wheel set with white saddle and tape suited it better - but I'll reserve judgement until the moots finishing kit is on! If the headtube was shorter I'd have snapped this one up myself when i saw it for sale. Chapeau.

Yeah, I may go to the white setup when I get the Ti post/stem - will see. Hoping this frame will be with me s long time and see many renditions. The Campy is so nice though; doubt I'll ever put it to Shimano..
Old 07-03-2017, 09:27 PM

Put in a short hour this morning w 2K of climbing and some fast descents - so much love for the way this rides and nabbed a couple PRs too..
Old 07-03-2017, 11:06 PM

Very nice. I'm partial to Moots though as my Compact SL has been with me since 2005 and still puts a smile on my face every time I ride it.
Glad you got the one that works best for you.
Old 07-06-2017, 09:22 AM

Quote:
so much love for the way this rides .
I knew you'd come around

Have fun with it!!
Old 07-07-2017, 04:16 PM

Moots!!

Good choice in keeping the Moots!! Of my three road bikes, Colnago and Serotta being the others the Moots would be the one I would keep if I had to part with two. Just right for me. And I second your thoughts about the company. Just really good folks. Bought a Castelli kit from them a couple years ago that was too small. Called and talked to Kayla about returning them, and she shipped out a new set the same day before I even shipped mine back!! Awesome!!
Old 07-07-2017, 04:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew View Post
Good choice in keeping the Moots!! Of my three road bikes, Colnago and Serotta being the others the Moots would be the one I would keep if I had to part with two. Just right for me. And I second your thoughts about the company. Just really good folks. Bought a Castelli kit from them a couple years ago that was too small. Called and talked to Kayla about returning them, and she shipped out a new set the same day before I even shipped mine back!! Awesome!!
Our Moots dealer here in Portland is great too - though now that I'll have picked up three used Moots frames, I don't know that I'll be in the market for a new one anytime soon..