Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Old 05-16-2013, 03:08 PM

Positive Experience with Erik at Alliance

I ordered a FS mtn bike from Erik last spring. He delivered on time. When my shop built it up, there as a problem with the rear triangle clearing the seat tube at the seat collar. I called Erik. Before I finished my sentence, he said he would build me a whole new front triangle to fix this problem. No other questions asked. Few weeks later, new frame arrived and bike built up without problems and bike felt great on the fireroads/trails. (Realized I might not actually need or want a FS mtn bike, but that's another story)
No wonder Erik is doing well. He's a young builder, obviously very talented with the torch, but more importantly he is a professional. Carl Strong taught him well. I really can't see my future bike purchases coming from anywhere other than a small geographical area around Idaho and Montana!
Old 05-16-2013, 03:18 PM

To me, and IMO; This is how problems should be handled. And Builders judged. Not the fact that there was a problem, but how it was taken care of.

Everyone makes mistakes, (except me of course,). It's how those mistakes are handled and corrected, not the fact that there was a problem.

I don't know for sure, so I'm going on memory here, but didn't SamIam post that Goodrich was almost caught up and made good. Although late, and a LOT of headaches along the way, but still needs the rest, but making progress.

Please don't let this drift off into goodrich lala land. god knows we have been there to many times.

But still it how a builder makes good on his products that is important to me.

Good on Eric!!
Old 05-16-2013, 03:27 PM

I have met Erik a couple of times at NAHBS and talked to him at length. He builds great bikes and is a smart guy. I would buy a bike from him in a heartbeat if my wife would let me-someday. Glad to hear (and not surprised) that he quickly made good on his mistake.
Old 05-16-2013, 06:42 PM

He's one of the good ones. I like him a lot.

dave
Old 05-16-2013, 06:56 PM
Epic=No Smiles

His typescript is one of the sharpest in the business, too.

BTW, Dave Kirk, I love your new logo - it looks strong and architectural.