Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Old 03-13-2024, 01:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by verticaldoug View Post
With the listing of the ETFs , you have removed most obstacles to individuals. You have lower fees, you farm out the holding risk to a big guy like Fidelity or Blackrock for 12 bps / annum. Even when you strip out the transfer of funds from GBTC (high fees) to lower fee ETFs like IBIT, FBTC, you are seeing a healthy inflow of cash into the asset. The amount of cash available in the US financial markets just dwarfs bitcoin. If FOMO ever kicks in, watch out. The converse is also true - reverse FOMO when someone yells fire.

But now for the first time, the big asset managers are seated at the bitcoin punchbowl. And Larry Fink wants you to drink..... have a pint. He pretends he doesn't want you to drink too much, but we all know all that ended with his last crusade - ESG.
Yup. My plan in this cycle was to sell once BTC hit it's ATH, maybe a bit after that. But all this good news changed my plan. It actually made it more difficult but I'll hold out a bit longer. My last purchases were in March and those are almost 4x. Might cash out when it hits that then wait till the next cycle.