Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Old 02-19-2019, 11:57 PM

Sold the Colnago

Bought then sold the Altain on Paceline
Several bikes ago BBD
Maybe meet some more of you lunatics!
Old 02-20-2019, 05:47 PM

I've done the reverse and yes, its tough crossing the Sac River/Delta as there's only two bridges/bike routes across the Carquinez Straits. I'd vote for the Benicia bridge and go thru Martinez. Here's the best way to get to Davis from Martinez as posted by the Davis Bike Club...from there, its only ~12 miles to Sac.

https://ridewithgps.com/routes/307637

Quote:
Originally Posted by prototoast View Post
Do you know a good route to bike there from the East Bay? I'd love to do that, but all the routes I've tried mapping look awful.
Old 02-20-2019, 05:50 PM

Sacramento is serious craft beer territory with over 50 breweries. Here's some info as well as other visitor info

https://www.beersinsac.com/sacramento-brewery-directory

https://www.visitsacramento.com/visit/beer/
Old 03-01-2019, 01:17 PM
Post Mod-ern

Any more solid planning going on for this?

Just bought my ticket for Saturday. Got the email below for this ride and party after the show on Saturday evening. Anybody else interested?

Also open to any group rides on Sunday or the rest of the following week. any locals want to take me out and drop me like an anchor?

BBD

+++++++++++

Join us on Saturday March 16th as we celebrate 15 years of NAHBS with a special anniversary party at the Capital Hop Shop - just around the corner from the convention center. Enjoy drinks, music, special NAHBS edition beer brewed by Bike Dog Brewing, a raffle, and good times with the NAHBS community. All proceeds will benefit Sacramento Area Bicycle Advocates (SABA) and Cycles 4 Hope. Festivities kick off off at 6:30pm.

If you’d prefer to get on two wheels, you can partake in the Tour De Hops bike ride, which will meet outside the convention center at 6:15pm and starts off with a spin to College Cyclery. There will be beer and wine (with suggested donations that will go to SABA & Cycles 4 Hope) and a special vintage bicycle exhibit from the shop owner's collection. The group will ride to Capital Hop Shop at 8:30pm to join the main party.

Doors open at 6:30pm at Capital Hop Shop, finishing off the night at 10:30pm. Bike Valet will be provided by SABA in Mikes Bikes parking lot (1411 I Street). A raffle will be taking place at 9:00pm with tickets for purchase at the event.

Tickets cost $5 and can be purchased in advance online, at SABA's booth or at the bike valet at the show (Fri+Sat), or at the door at Capital Hop Shop. Drinks and raffle tickets can be purchased separately on-site.
A thing of beauty is a joy forever--Keats
Old 03-01-2019, 04:23 PM

I will be at a hotel in Rancho Cordova.

For Saturday I plan to hop on the bike path and head to Folsom lake then ride around the lake. Should be 55ish miles but I will probably add more. Then head to the show.

Not sure what ride I'll do Sunday, need to figure that out but it will be ride first then head to show, then pick up my new bike and drive 7 hours home!

If anyone wants to ride let me know. I'm treating this as a mini training camp so I'll likely do some efforts on the hills but otherwise will be z2.

Hoping for some nice weather!!
Old 03-01-2019, 05:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy sti View Post
I will be at a hotel in Rancho Cordova.

For Saturday I plan to hop on the bike path and head to Folsom lake then ride around the lake. Should be 55ish miles but I will probably add more. Then head to the show.

Not sure what ride I'll do Sunday, need to figure that out but it will be ride first then head to show, then pick up my new bike and drive 7 hours home!

If anyone wants to ride let me know. I'm treating this as a mini training camp so I'll likely do some efforts on the hills but otherwise will be z2.

Hoping for some nice weather!!
new bike at the show? oh how fun. i have no legs right now but may take ya up on some miles anyway. ill be in touch
Old 03-01-2019, 06:09 PM

Sweet, Matt.

Yep, new bike at the show - Stoked!

I plan to get there for most of Friday at the show which will allow me some time riding the other 2 days.
Old 03-02-2019, 12:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mzilliox View Post
new bike at the show? oh how fun. i have no legs right now but may take ya up on some miles anyway. ill be in touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy sti View Post
Sweet, Matt.

Yep, new bike at the show - Stoked!

I plan to get there for most of Friday at the show which will allow me some time riding the other 2 days.
Still trying to pull my plans together, but I'd be trying to get some training in too... And I'd probably be staying up in Folsom. We'll see what I can find.
Old 03-02-2019, 01:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clean39T View Post
Still trying to pull my plans together, but I'd be trying to get some training in too... And I'd probably be staying up in Folsom. We'll see what I can find.
Do it!
Old 03-02-2019, 09:59 AM

I'm planning to drive up on Friday, not sure if I am bringing a bike or not.
Old 03-02-2019, 10:25 AM

Depending on how chaotic the show is, I may find some time for a ride early Saturday or Sunday morning.
Old 03-02-2019, 11:10 AM

I've been keeping my Spooky in the San Fran office since last fall... and I'll be in the office on the 15th... it's tempting to delay my return to the Right Coast an extra day and join a ride Sat AM...

Last time I attended NAHBS in Sac, I stayed at the Citizen on Marriott points. Nice spot about a block from the convention center.
Old 03-06-2019, 01:20 PM

I've decided to save my FF (and marriage) points for the Philly Expo this year.

Hoping some of you guys will shoot and upload some good video if you are able.

Thanks!
Old 03-06-2019, 01:23 PM

Riding Saturday—going to the show—then Amtrak back to oak
Old 03-06-2019, 02:10 PM

Barring weather interventions, I'll be driving down from Portland on Friday, riding Saturday and Sunday AM, and hitting the show both days.

Staying in an Air BnB on the north end of mid-town...walking distance from the show...

Best coffee close to the show is on the way: https://www.themillsacramento.com/