Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Old 09-19-2018, 03:18 PM

Straight red - CR7 leaves the pitch in tears!!! There's no crying in soccer.
Old 09-19-2018, 03:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wc1934 View Post
Cadence90 is happy after today's match!
i bet

Spurs were, well, Spursy as hell

Quote:
Straight red - CR7 leaves the pitch in tears!!! There's no crying in soccer.

not quite sure what exactly; CR7 struck the head of the other player?
Quote:
Originally Posted by gary_a_gooner View Post
Thought Liverpool really outplayed PSG today and they deserved that win. Not sure what Tuchel has PSG players doing.
he can bark all the instructions he want, a few of those players aren't gonna be bothered...
Old 09-19-2018, 04:46 PM
Strong Walker

Quote:
Originally Posted by echappist View Post
not quite sure what exactly; CR7 struck the head of the other player?
according to german tv, because of the foul that lead to the player being on the ground.
Old 09-19-2018, 08:19 PM
needs adult supervision

Messi seems in mid-season form. All three goals were beauties. Has anyone ever been so causally extraordinary?
Old 09-20-2018, 04:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by martl View Post
according to german tv, because of the foul that lead to the player being on the ground.
and you just knew that Ronaldo was gonna get a slap on the wrist, as UEFA needs its cut from the gate receipts of the Man U - Juve match...

btw, Sanches is apparently back in game-day squads for Bayern?
Old 09-21-2018, 08:18 AM
Strong Walker

Quote:
and you just knew that Ronaldo was gonna get a slap on the wrist, as UEFA needs its cut from the gate receipts of the Man U - Juve match...

btw, Sanches is apparently back in game-day squads for Bayern?
I don't really buy in those conspiracy theories about single players. Whats to gain? Also Brych may not be the best ref out there, but he's decent, and straight. Most refs are.

Sanches: happy for the boy, such a performance in front of his home crowd may just be what he needed. I still remain to be convinced he has all it takes to play at the highest level, but that's a nother story. He played a good pre-season, got knocked back by a minor injury, and competition in Bayerns MF is brutal. He didn't even make the squad in the last matches and only slipped into the starting squad because Thiago, Tolisso and otheres weren't fit, i recon he is still behind them in the pecking order. also Kovac may feel against most Bundesliga opponents, he needs technical acumen and vision more than physical power and dynamics in a midfielder.

Stil, he has developed since his first stint in Munich, and that wasn't to be expected after his experiences since.

Last edited by martl; 09-21-2018 at 08:20 AM.
Old 09-21-2018, 12:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by martl View Post
I don't really buy in those conspiracy theories about single players. Whats to gain? Also Brych may not be the best ref out there, but he's decent, and straight. Most refs are.

Sanches: happy for the boy, such a performance in front of his home crowd may just be what he needed. I still remain to be convinced he has all it takes to play at the highest level, but that's a nother story. He played a good pre-season, got knocked back by a minor injury, and competition in Bayerns MF is brutal. He didn't even make the squad in the last matches and only slipped into the starting squad because Thiago, Tolisso and otheres weren't fit, i recon he is still behind them in the pecking order. also Kovac may feel against most Bundesliga opponents, he needs technical acumen and vision more than physical power and dynamics in a midfielder.

Stil, he has developed since his first stint in Munich, and that wasn't to be expected after his experiences since.
Brych was the ref so he issued/presented the red, but I believe that the call was made by the linesman. (For what it's worth)
Old 09-29-2018, 09:11 AM

saw this else where:
Quote:
1st season: buy £400m bus
2nd season: park the bus
3rd season: crash the bus

and then throwing your players under the said bus
that was hilarious. the first goal was just comical, with all the triangle passing, finishing with a cross into the box that got buried into the net. textbook stuff

ETA: we then have Chelsea-Liverpool and Juve-Napoli today. Few cracking matches today

Last edited by echappist; 09-29-2018 at 10:24 AM.
Old 09-29-2018, 03:39 PM

Angry

Quote:
saw this else where:

that was hilarious. the first goal was just comical, with all the triangle passing, finishing with a cross into the box that got buried into the net. textbook stuff

ETA: we then have Chelsea-Liverpool and Juve-Napoli today. Few cracking matches today
Napoli misses Sarri. Got off to a good start - tough to come back being a man down - played ok but the passing was so so and players were in always in the correct position.
Old 10-02-2018, 04:25 PM

ManU looked so uninspired and unimaginative (against Valencia, who has only 1 win so far this season).
Their attack lacked energy. I expected so much more from Pogba and Lukaku.
Have the players given up on Mourinho?

RM looses.

And 2 wins from the Serie A teams -
Old 10-02-2018, 06:02 PM

Quote:
ManU looked so uninspired and unimaginative (against Valencia, who has only 1 win so far this season).
Their attack lacked energy. I expected so much more from Pogba and Lukaku.
Have the players given up on Mourinho?

RM looses.

And 2 wins from the Serie A teams -
not to mention BM tying at home. but tomorrow is even better. Spurs v Barça, Napoli v LFC, and PSV v Inter. I'm taking off tomorrow afternoon to "cook meals," by which i mean chopping a lot of vegetables while watching the matches. They really ought to have moved either the Spurs game or the Napoli game up though...

How much longer do you think Mourinho is gonna last? 2 weeks?
Old 10-02-2018, 07:58 PM

Quote:
not to mention BM tying at home. but tomorrow is even better. Spurs v Barça, Napoli v LFC, and PSV v Inter. I'm taking off tomorrow afternoon to "cook meals," by which i mean chopping a lot of vegetables while watching the matches. They really ought to have moved either the Spurs game or the Napoli game up though...

How much longer do you think Mourinho is gonna last? 2 weeks?

Yes. There are some important matchups tomorrow.

According to many reports, they have had multiple conversations with Zinedine Zidane and it is only a matter of time. However, they have been saying this for awhile, so we will see.
Old 10-03-2018, 04:45 PM

@wc1934, you willing to give Ancelotti a chance now, after that

they should have won 2-0. LFC seems out of it, of sorts
Old 10-03-2018, 07:30 PM

Quote:
@wc1934, you willing to give Ancelotti a chance now, after that

they should have won 2-0. LFC seems out of it, of sorts
Champions league is starting to heat up.
I was worried as Liverpool won 5-0 in their friendly months ago.
I like the 4-4-2 (seem more balanced) as opposed to Sarri’s 4-3-3. I also like that he is taking advantage of Insigne in a central position and Callejon out wide with Mertens playing behind, and Hamsik back as the playmaker that he is.
I am happy - they are atop their group (of death).

But they lost to Juve on Sat
Old 10-04-2018, 03:07 PM
Cranky!

Quote:
Hamsik back as the playmaker that he is.
C'mon, Hamsik was never a regista, and this is the most withdrawn role he has ever played. Maybe it makes sense with advancing age, but I was under the impression that the jury was still very much out on whether this will work.

I thought Milik had a lot of looks at goal (and always shot wide), and Callejon was always dangerous.

Liverpool were terrible, really flat, their worst game of the season, by far. I still think it will click eventually, but it has been a while now since they've launched one of those killer counterattacks.