Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Old 01-12-2019, 08:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by peanutgallery View Post
Dude, until white folks change their ways....I'm sticking to the dirt

Last thing I want is to get run down by a yoga mom in a Q7 who is struggling with texts/climate control/music choice/kid stress at 8am. It really sucks for the family and friends of the victim. My sincerest condolences

No amount of hyper-vigilance, mirrors, cameras and math is on my side group thought will bring this poor soul back. The world has changed and its dangerous out there. Peace and be well
LOL! But there are also blacks doing the yoga mom thing in a Q7 as well!
Old 01-12-2019, 09:01 PM
Peter Pan Oath adherent

Peanutgallery - Knock it off

Race has nothing to do with this and trying to inject it into a discussion like this is totally inappropriate

BK

Age is a case of mind over matter. If you don't mind, it don't matter.
Old 01-12-2019, 09:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by froze View Post
Come on man, this is just fear mongering, there's no reason for this. A lot of people die driving cars, so what? do we all stop driving? No; nor are we going to be stopped by fear from riding our bikes.
I do not understand this response. The OP asked if anyone had further info, I simply provided what I knew.
Old 01-12-2019, 09:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce K View Post
Peanutgallery - Knock it off

Race has nothing to do with this and trying to inject it into a discussion like this is totally inappropriate

BK
I think he was trying to be funny...at least I found it to be funny.
Old 01-12-2019, 09:48 PM

Q7s are what's wrong with the world

Race isn't a part of it
Old 01-12-2019, 10:56 PM
Riding Along

Quote:
Originally Posted by parallelfish View Post
I do not understand this response. The OP asked if anyone had further info, I simply provided what I knew.
I think that he meant to quote someone else given that response.
Old 01-13-2019, 10:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by peanutgallery View Post
Q7s are what's wrong with the world

Race isn't a part of it
Distracted soccer moms and guys overdosing on testosterone in 4X4s scare the crap out of me.
Old 01-13-2019, 10:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by XXtwindad View Post
Distracted soccer moms and guys overdosing on testosterone in 4X4s scare the crap out of me.
Truck drivers overdosed on caffeine and cocaine driving at over 100 mph scare me. Why yes I did see two semi's racing each other on hwy 10 in Texas some years back, I was doing 80 (in my car not my bicycle!) and they passed me doing at least 20 more than I was! but I can't imagine if a cyclist was on the shoulder and a semi goes past them in the next lane at that sort of speed what that would feel like to the cyclist. I've seen drunk truck drivers too! I had to call 911 once on the 70 in Indiana who was also speeding at about 80 in a 70 but he was weaving all over the road nearly hitting cars who had to dodge this ahole, others had called on this guy before I did.

by the way, I'm not saying all truck drivers are aholes, in fact 75% of all truck drivers are better drivers than 75% of all car drivers, so think about that for awhile.
Old 01-14-2019, 06:34 AM
Proud Grandpa

Quote:
Originally Posted by froze View Post
Come on man, this is just fear mongering, there's no reason for this. A lot of people die driving cars, so what? do we all stop driving? No; nor are we going to be stopped by fear from riding our bikes.
Pay yer money, take your chances. I have been hit from behind, but I still ride on the road. Be careful, ride 'smart' in 'smart' places. No reason to let fear guide your everyday actions. BUT, if it does, either ride somewhere else or don't ride, do something else.

The incident is a shame..a good person killed by an inattentive, negligent driver.
Old 01-14-2019, 12:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldpotatoe View Post
Pay yer money, take your chances. I have been hit from behind, but I still ride on the road. Be careful, ride 'smart' in 'smart' places. No reason to let fear guide your everyday actions. BUT, if it does, either ride somewhere else or don't ride, do something else.

The incident is a shame..a good person killed by an inattentive, negligent driver.
right, all accidents whether in car, train, plane, bicycle, boat, whatever where someone is killed is a shame. Like you said we need to be aware at all times which is why I don't listen to music riding, I think doing so takes some of your attention away, and some of your hearing, and riding a bike I believe you need to be on top of your game, not in fear, but in being smart.