Builder's Spotlight The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > Image Gallery > Custom Bikes

Old 05-05-2017, 12:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skiezo View Post
I love the color contrast of the green with the brown saddle and bar tape.
I dont think you would like a carbon fork unless it was the same rake and all but it would take away from the classic look.. And besides that ride needs a steel fork.
What saddle is it sporting? Do you like it?
Thanks - I claim temporary insanity based on a sub-par refuel for that carbon fork nonsense..

The saddle is a San Marco Regale with the XSLite rails that I picked up from PlanetX when getting some Nitto bits - I think it was marked down to $25. Leather top, but it's pretty fragile - nicked it getting it into the back of my i3 already. I love the shape of the Regale (and Regal) - the 145mm width works and it has good width in the scoot-forward and push-back range too. If you're looking, PlanetX still has a few white NOS Regal saddles with brass rivets/rails...I've got one of those in the cabinet too for if I ever want to go white up top
Old 05-05-2017, 07:46 AM

this bike rules. if you're looking to change it just to keep up with folks on 15lb bikes, I think you've maybe wandered down the wrong road...

but that's OK. because that's kind of what this bike is for: wandering down unknown roads. not putting in your turns on the front of the local hammerhead ride. you need another bike for that.
Old 05-05-2017, 09:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiasticon View Post
you need another bike for that.

Working on that (a 15lb'er) - this bike is for exploring and hopefully some long distance rando-ish stuff - it just happened to be the one I had with me for a short hammer ride yesterday.. I am in no way unhappy with it - just considering a bar change is all.
Old 05-05-2017, 09:01 AM
aka RAEKWON

you could also, but I would not for this type of bike, get some lighter wheels, seatpost and cages. easily drop a couple of lbs but this is perfect as is imho
Old 05-07-2017, 10:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clean39T View Post
Good points all - I think I bonked there for a minute.. The solution may just be a different bar - maybe a Noodle 177 or some such. These ones don't allow me to move the shifters any higher because of the ergo clamps and the curve of the bar, and I like a flatter approach - if I fix that, all may be fine.
I've got a Nitto non-noodle (172? I'd have to check) 26.0mm bar, 46cm wide (c2c) if you're interested in a more modern bend.
Old 05-07-2017, 10:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhespenheide View Post
I've got a Nitto non-noodle (172? I'd have to check) 26.0mm bar, 46cm wide (c2c) if you're interested in a more modern bend.
If Clean39T isn't, I'd be interested in it..
Old 05-08-2017, 02:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhespenheide View Post

46s are too wide for me, but I appreciate the offer..
Old 05-08-2017, 02:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by R3awak3n View Post
you could also, but I would not for this type of bike, get some lighter wheels, seatpost and cages. easily drop a couple of lbs but this is perfect as is imho

Those cages are actually <50g each...and the finishing kit isn't that heavy either...I could probably take 200g there by going modern, and 200-300g out of the wheels, but it'd kill the character...

I have some GK 32s coming to my LOBR (local online bicycle retailer, i.e. Bike Tires Direct). We'll see how I like it with those later this week.